Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre block

Featured Replies

Even if you side on the "it was a dirty play" side of the equation, I still think you have to be impressed that this guy really doesn't take plays off. Love him or hate him he is a gamer.

 

I wouldn't want to see Palmer out laying a block (like he has in the past) but I do respect it.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Vikings are idiots for even spreading him out wide like that in a preseason game.

The Vikings are idiots for even spreading him out wide like that in a preseason game.

 

 

Or any game.

I didn't see the play. Does anybody have a video of it?

  • Author
The Vikings are idiots for even spreading him out wide like that in a preseason game.

 

Agreed. Not arguing that at all, very dumb risking injury to a guy you just paid 12 mil or whatever to, but they did call the play and he did give full effort.

I'm not impressed with anything he did in that play. It was dirty and it could have been a career ender. It was very stupid of the Vikings to put him out there, and it was very inconsiderate of Favre to throw a cheap block like that.

I really don't think he meant to do that it's just how it happened. I wonder when was the last time he worked on blocking? I bet he got a little scared and tried to protect himself more that worry about blocking the guy. It was stupid to even have him doing something like that.

  • Author
I'm not impressed with anything he did in that play. It was dirty and it could have been a career ender. It was very stupid of the Vikings to put him out there, and it was very inconsiderate of Favre to throw a cheap block like that.

 

Highly doubt he was attempting to be dirty. It turned out that way, but I don't see it like that at all. Favre isn't stupid enough to throw a cheap shot knowing at the position he plays he is open for multiple blows throughout a season, don't buy that at all.

He dove right at the guys knees...how could have have not meant to do it? Maybe he didn't think about it and just did it...but it was still dirty.

He dove right at the guys knees...how could have have not meant to do it? Maybe he didn't think about it and just did it...but it was still dirty.

 

I think it was dirty too. I'm not sure he meant it per say to be dirty, but he didn't want to hit him up high.

Me and my roommate were also discussing this but a simple shoulder to the chest would have worked perfectly fine, even a chip block. Percy Harvin would have had plenty of room if Favre would have even just stood there. The low block was COMPLETELY unnecessary. I feel bad for the guy he blocked as he could have very easily ended the man's career in pre-season. Personally, I would love to see Brett Favre get fined for that one.

I don't think he had any bad intentions at all, I think he just got nervous or scared in the moment and just reacted in the first way that came to his mind. Pretty dumb by him and the Vikings imo.

Me and my roommate were also discussing this but a simple shoulder to the chest would have worked perfectly fine, even a chip block. Percy Harvin would have had plenty of room if Favre would have even just stood there. The low block was COMPLETELY unnecessary. I feel bad for the guy he blocked as he could have very easily ended the man's career in pre-season. Personally, I would love to see Brett Favre get fined for that one.

 

:thumb::thumb:

What if someone had thrown a similar block on Favre during an interception return? How loud do you think the folks in Bristol would be yelling? They'd be calling for a player's suspension. "For goodness sakes it's the preseason," they'd be screaming.

 

But Favre does it. Hey, he's just showing his competitive nature. What a competitor. He's gonna have a great year in Minnesota. You gotta love how he's willing to get in there and block halfway through the third quarter of a preseason game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.