Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence North, IN 31 Trinity 14

Featured Replies

Yikes. Not good, but it's early in the season and Trinity seems like a team that knows what to do and how to do it. I wouldn't read too much into this one.

 

Later.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw, they had a lot of speed. IMO, in the 2nd half, they played the perfect strategy against the Rocks. They chewed up the clock, left our O off the field. We had problems the whole game with the snaps. We had some penalties that hurt as well. I thought the Rocks looked good the first half. After Brad left the game, it wasn't the same. BUT, that should be expected in the first game when your starting QB goes out. I don't know who Lawrence plays in Indiana. I do think that we would have had a tough 2nd half even if Brad were in the game. I know their first TD in the 2nd half came at approx the 6:00 mark on a beautiful clock chewing drive, ending with a beautiful pass to a reciever wide open about 20 yards from the endzone.

 

I thought in the first half, our D was better than our O. I thought our D was better than theirs. I thought the O's were evenly matched.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Trinity only has 3 starters returning this year, right? It will take some time for it all to come together. But early losses are great opportunities to correct mistakes and I personally think they'll be just fine in a few games. We all said we thought we'd lose 3-4 early games. I still think that's a possibility, but doesn't bode doom. I will all come together.

You don't usually see that type of lopsided score for Trinity, should be interesting see how they progress after losing so many GREAT players. This shows they just don't get off the bus and chalk up a "W". I know they have talent returning but most teams don't lose players like Smyth, Phillips, Whiting and Messina and take a step forward.

Does Trinity play Cinci Elder this year at The Pit?

Does Trinity play Cinci Elder this year at The Pit?

 

9/11 @ Elder

9/18 @ Cincy St. X

Brutal schedule for the Rocks. They could lose 4 or 5 and still be holding the big trophy at the end of the year.

  • Author
Brutal schedule for the Rocks. They could lose 4 or 5 and still be holding the big trophy at the end of the year.

 

 

We have a long way to go before we talk about holding up the big trophy at the end of the year.

It looked to me like the Rocks let off the gas after getting up 14-0. This group of seniors/starters will need to learn how to be "the man", how to play the full 48 minutes and how to handle adversity. I still don't understand why Trinity's defense gives up so many yards on the ground. It should not happen! Ever! LN was an average team. They made plays and Trinity didn't.

I know the coaches will fix it and I hope for the seniors' sake that they are part of the solution.

I wouldn't say LN was an 'average' team. I went to college with one of their dads and was sitting with him for a while and told me about the team. The QB - good athlete - has been playing QB for just over two weeks (injuries). They had a few nice players. You are correct no way they should have won 31-14 and Trinity has a long way to go, but they weren't a slouch team. I would have compared them to a good Manual team the past few years.

 

The foot injury looked pretty bad to me.

Brutal schedule for the Rocks. They could lose 4 or 5 and still be holding the big trophy at the end of the year.

 

I think X may have something to say about that.

  • Author

Our center needs to work on his snaps a little, I am certain it will be resolved, but Krag was nearly having to pick them up off the ground when getting them in the shotgun.

  • Author
I think X may have something to say about that.

 

 

We need to play X once before I am willing to talk about playing them in the title game.

 

One game at a time for this team, cannot afford to look ahead.

Trinity has dominated this series in when playing for the big trophy. Until X wins in November Trinity rocks!

Man. That's a surprise. Maybe LN will be a good team this year, but they certainly haven't in the past. Were there many substitutions for Trinity, or did they seem to give everyone a chance to work through their mistakes?

 

The Rocks very well could be 0-6 going in to district play (Manual, Cincy X, Elder, Lou X and BG). Haven't seen them this year but hope to get out there Friday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.