Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino contract contains morality clause

Featured Replies

The University of Louisville's contract with men's basketball coach Rick Pitino allows him to be fired for cause for acts of “moral depravity” or for being dishonest with the university.

 

It also allows him to be terminated for generating disparaging media publicity, if it is caused by his “willful conduct that could objectively be determined to bring (the) employee into public dispute or scandal, or which tends to greatly offend the public.”

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090812/SPORTS02/908120382

What does "moral depravity" mean? I abhor abortions, but it is not illegal to get one. It is not illegal to cheat on your wife. Both are immoral, but are the actions depraved??? It will be interesting to see how that terminology is interpreted.

 

Also, he can be fired for his willful actions creating a scandal, what does that mean? He cheated on his wife in a public place, yes. He paid for her to get an abortion, yes. Do those actions rise to the level of scandal. As long as Pitino was completely forthright with his superiors, he was not lying to the Univeristy or creating a cover-up. He was pretty straight forward w/ the police. His willful conduct was to get it on w/ a crazy woman, but does that make him guilty of creating a scandal? It's getting a ton of media coverage, so the answer may be, "Yes."

UL will never fire him

 

No they won't. Who would they get that would be better. Firing is not an option if Louisville has anything to do with it.

I don't think that U.L. will fire him either. I must say that now Pitino going into a recruits living room now and talking to the parents (especially if they are pro life) would be tough. I know that if I were a parent of a top notch recruit I may be crossing U.L. off the list about now. I don't think he (Pitino) will take a leave of absence or resign. This is going to get interesting.........:D:popcorn:

I don't think that U.L. will fire him either. I must say that now Pitino going into a recruits living room now and talking to the parents (especially if they are pro life) would be tough. I know that if I were a parent of a top notch recruit I may be crossing U.L. off the list about now. I don't think he (Pitino) will take a leave of absence or resign. This is going to get interesting.........:D:popcorn:

 

 

Just tell mom and sis to hide in the other room. :sssh:

 

j/k

Just tell mom and sis to hide in the other room. :sssh:

 

j/k

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumb:

What does "moral depravity" mean? I abhor abortions, but it is not illegal to get one. It is not illegal to cheat on your wife. Both are immoral, but are the actions depraved??? It will be interesting to see how that terminology is interpreted.

 

Also, he can be fired for his willful actions creating a scandal, what does that mean? He cheated on his wife in a public place, yes. He paid for her to get an abortion, yes. Do those actions rise to the level of scandal. As long as Pitino was completely forthright with his superiors, he was not lying to the University or creating a cover-up. He was pretty straight forward w/ the police. His willful conduct was to get it on w/ a crazy woman, but does that make him guilty of creating a scandal? It's getting a ton of media coverage, so the answer may be, "Yes."

 

I think what the university needs to look at , will this hurt getting the recruits to play for UofL with him still coach/ or knowing he could leave soon? Think this could hurt UofL's recruitment.

UL Y

You are right they will not fire him and I think that makes a very clear statement about their program.

UofL pays Rick Pitino premium dollars because he is/was a premium Coach. When you pay a coach the type of money that Pitino demands,you are buying more than the x's& o's. You are buying the mystique,the brand, the class that is/was Rick Pitino. You no longer enjoy that unique,special relationship that you had 7 months ago. He needs to do what Bob Knight did a few years back and refuse his salary because he felt that he had not given his best effort to TX Tech. This is the least that Rick could do to help restore his reputation. After all,would UofL paid him this type of money had it known that he was going to damage its image so callously?

After all,would UofL paid him this type of money had it known that he was going to damage its image so callously?

 

I don't think this damages UofL's image even half as much as Pitino's...

I don't think this damages UofL's image even half as much as Pitino's...

 

To a great number of sports fans and others across the country UL is synonymous with Rick Pitino, and vice versa. Damaging Pitino's image therefore damages UL's image just the same.

You are right they will not fire him and I think that makes a very clear statement about their program.

 

:puke:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.