August 13, 200917 yr To a great number of sports fans and others across the country UL is synonymous with Rick Pitino, and vice versa. Damaging Pitino's image therefore damages UL's image just the same. Does is put a damper on UofL's current image? Yes. In the long-run? No. To say it's hurts them both equally is ridiculous.
August 13, 200917 yr To a great number of sports fans and others across the country UL is synonymous with Rick Pitino, and vice versa. Damaging Pitino's image therefore damages UL's image just the same.I don't know how to tell you this, but to a great number of sports fans outside the state of Kentucky, UK and UofL are the same school.
August 13, 200917 yr It does very little to UL's imagine in my opinion. The situation is not basketball related and fans across the country will forget about this in a few weeks.
August 13, 200917 yr I don't know how to tell you this, but to a great number of sports fans outside the state of Kentucky, UK and UofL are the same school. I don't get this one Swamprat. :confused: I've been to a lot of places in this country and I have never seen that. :confused:
August 13, 200917 yr UofL pays Rick Pitino premium dollars because he is/was a premium Coach. When you pay a coach the type of money that Pitino demands,you are buying more than the x's& o's. You are buying the mystique,the brand, the class that is/was Rick Pitino. You no longer enjoy that unique,special relationship that you had 7 months ago. I like this post...
August 13, 200917 yr I don't know how to tell you this, but to a great number of sports fans outside the state of Kentucky, UK and UofL are the same school. They're not much of a fan if they don't know the difference in UK and UL.
August 13, 200917 yr I don't know how to tell you this, but to a great number of sports fans outside the state of Kentucky, UK and UofL are the same school. Guess these fans would also think Duke and UNC are the same school.:idunno:
August 13, 200917 yr I don't know how to tell you this, but to a great number of sports fans outside the state of Kentucky, UK and UofL are the same school. I've done a lot of traveling in my day the first time I have ever heard this. What is a great number of sport fans when you break it down. 1 out of 10, 1 out of 100, etc. Just trying to get a feel as to how many is a great number.
August 14, 200917 yr You guys have seen pictures of my office on this site. I have a big UK banner that hangs on the wall across from my desk, so I can point to it when a Gator fan comes in and starts bragging about their national championships. Point is, you would think that everybody knows that my roots are blue (My blood flows green and gold, but the roots don't change color.). :isurrender: A great number? OK, I'll concede, probably not, but it would surprise you, as it has me, how many associate one with the other. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times UofL has lost a game and some idiot has bound into my office or stopped me in the hall or on the street, when I'm wearing my UK gear, to point out that my team lost. It's irritating, so I don't forget it. :irked:
August 14, 200917 yr I guess we assume when you said fan you meant someone with a little knowledge. There's dummys everywhere I guess.
August 14, 200917 yr I guess we assume when you said fan you meant someone with a little knowledge. There's dummys everywhere I guess.You're correct, there are. However, the phrase "sports fan" is as subjective as a person's perpective of sports. I know it's hard to fathom in Kentucky, where college basketball is the very fabric of everyday life, but there are many "sports fans" who give little thought to college basketball, the same way there are "sports fans" who give little thought the NHL. Refer to a thread in the Pro Forum where many of us "sports fans" could not name all of the teams in all 4 major pro sports. I know a lot of "sports fans" who don't watch or care about college sports at all, until Bowl season or March Madness. Back to the topic ... I still don't think the vast majority of sports fans will care about his adultery, even if they associate Pitino with UofL. The only reason this even made national news was because of the way the adultery came to light. In fact, the University may even be complicit in how it came to light; therefore, not be in a position to exercise any morality clause. Didn't he discuss this with the Jurich and the University legal staff, before going to the FBI? Seems I read that somewhere.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.