Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Freshman

Featured Replies

Yes, same kid. He is going to be a good one. Especially, if he keeps growing.

 

I heard he was going to transfer to St. Henry- it would have been nice to have him around in Walton, though!

  • Replies 95
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12th Region freshmen to watch:

Dagan Shelton- Wayne Co.

Tyson Williams- McCreary Central

Taylor Gover- Pulaski Co.

 

No mention of at least a few Lincoln freshman, whose 2013 class dominated the 12th region (at least those who would agree to play us, lol) the last three years??

 

I think the 12th region is loaded with great freshman, too bad they can't put a 12th region all star team together and compete around the state. I'd say they'd be pretty hard to beat as a whole!:ylsuper:

No mention of at least a few Lincoln freshman, whose 2013 class dominated the 12th region (at least those who would agree to play us, lol) the last three years??

 

I think the 12th region is loaded with great freshman, too bad they can't put a 12th region all star team together and compete around the state. I'd say they'd be pretty hard to beat as a whole!:ylsuper:

Luke Hill would be the player from Lincoln County. They were definately the best 2013 team in the 12th region. Thats the thing about Lincoln, they are a team and not an individual. Very sound team from top to bottom. Wayne, Meece, and McCreary really relied on their stars for their success. Take the stars off those teams and they are not as successful.
Luke Hill would be the player from Lincoln County. They were definately the best 2013 team in the 12th region. Thats the thing about Lincoln, they are a team and not an individual. Very sound team from top to bottom. Wayne, Meece, and McCreary really relied on their stars for their success. Take the stars off those teams and they are not as successful.

 

I would put Carl Lewis Cummins in there among the best in the 12th also. He was an excellent point guard for Lincoln's middle school team, and did very well playing the varsity point during summer ball while our regular pg was in Hawaii. I look for him to get quite a bit of varsity minutes this season.

 

As for Luke Hill, I believe he scored like 1400 points in middle school, but then that's middle school. If he keeps growing, he should be a force to be reckoned with in the future, and the same goes for Tyson Williams, who I LOVE by the way - great kid!

  • Author
Who were some of the top players on the Scott Co. and Madison Co. teams that did so well in the AAU national tournament? They will all be freshman this coming season.

 

Scott County:

Quin Richardson (who played for KY Elite at Nationals)

Kevo Edwards

Zach Humphery

Austin Downey

Jalen Haddix

Tyler Page

 

I do not know Madison County as well other than Dominique Hawkins is their best player.

Scott County:

Quin Richardson (who played for KY Elite at Nationals)

Kevo Edwards

Zach Humphery

Austin Downey

Jalen Haddix

Tyler Page

 

I do not know Madison County as well other than Dominique Hawkins is their best player.

 

Here is one for Scott Co. you did not mention is Andrew Short, and Jale Haddix did not play well at Nationals.

  • Author
Here is one for Scott Co. you did not mention is Andrew Short, and Jale Haddix did not play well at Nationals.

 

Yes, I did forget about Andrew. He played great at Nationals.

I am not real close to the situation. But based on last year (Fardo & Bezold), I would expect him to play Freshman but also log some JV minutes. There are 3 good classes ahead of him so any varsity minutes would be limited I think.

 

Mustang could probably provide a better perspective.

Each class is different and each player's situation is different.

Two questions always need to be answered:

1) Will the player be challenged by the level at which he is playing?

2) Can the player make an impact and contribute if moved up?

Where does he fit on the overall program/team depth chart?

 

With this being said, Saunders had a great summer for the Mustangs, making some major contributions at the varsity level during summer scrimmages.

Being a "sophomore aged" freshman he has the maturity to play with the big boys and will fit nicely with the sophomore class in front of him.

At what level he plays will be decided by Coach Mike Code come October 15th or thereabouts.

I heard he was going to transfer to St. Henry- it would have been nice to have him around in Walton, though!

 

Wonder if the transfer had anything to do with the coaching change.

Wonder if the transfer had anything to do with the coaching change.

 

Trading Trame for Faust? Both class acts and great coaches. I hope that was not the reason.

Seen them both play for years and neither can compare with Quick, Sanders, Richardson and that group. McClendon was the fourth option on the Tarheels teams he played on- behind kids much younger than him.

  • Author
Seen them both play for years and neither can compare with Quick, Sanders, Richardson and that group. McClendon was the fourth option on the Tarheels teams he played on- behind kids much younger than him.

 

Have you seen them play lately? I would put both of them in the top 10 in their class. They both started on a team that finished top 24 at AAU D1 Nationals.

 

No knock to the three you mentioned but Christian and Nate are right there with them.

Seen them both play for years and neither can compare with Quick, Sanders, Richardson and that group. McClendon was the fourth option on the Tarheels teams he played on- behind kids much younger than him.
I think Pouncy had Mcclendon playing out of position for year just because he was the tallest kid on the team. Which may have helped him beacuse now it looks like he can play all 5 position on the floor.Now how many kids in the state can do that?
  • Author

Here is a link to how Demling ranks the top freshman. I think the list is pretty close.

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2009/09/class-of-2013-rankings.html

 

1. Darryl Hicks

2. James Quick

3. Larry Morton

4. Dominique Hawkins

5. Blake Sanders

6. Nate McGovney

7. Jason Hatcher

8. Braxton McFarland

9. Cameron Lewis

10. Quin Richardson

Here is a link to how Demling ranks the top freshman. I think the list is pretty close.

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2009/09/class-of-2013-rankings.html

 

1. Darryl Hicks

2. James Quick

3. Larry Morton

4. Dominique Hawkins

5. Blake Sanders

6. Nate McGovney

7. Jason Hatcher

8. Braxton McFarland

9. Cameron Lewis

10. Quin Richardson

 

I know these are not your rankings, and I'm not questioning the players listed, but a player getting no mention by Demling is Ryan Timmons. His middle school team defeated all the top teams in central Ky last season, including Scott County, the team from Richmond, and Lexington Catholic on numerous occasions. I know he matched up with the kid from Scott County and gave him all kinds of trouble. As a matter of fact the only way I saw teams slow Timmons down was by going zone. Yet Timmons gets no mention by Demling.......all I can say is unbelievable!!!!! Somebody tell me what makes this guy a guru?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.