Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Freshman

Featured Replies

I think Ferguson will make the biggest impact this season. He will have a big year at Madison Central.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ferguson will make the biggest impact this season. He will have a big year at Madison Central.

 

Ferguson ?

No offense to you or anyone else ranking players (which I did myself in this thread), but you can take this list of the top 15 or 20 freshmen you have and throw it out the window in a couple years. A list of the top 15 or 20 players will be drastically different then IMO.
How different do you predict them to be LMB?????

Kristian Morgan and Nick Brown, two freshman kids that played for the Wolfpack AAU team last winter and will be playing together this year at Gallatin County should not be overlooked. Both are great athletes with very good basketball IQs.

Ferguson ?
I am pretty sure they are referring to Dominique Hawkins at Madison Central. His name was mistaken in an earlier post as Ferguson.
How different do you predict them to be LMB?????

 

My point was that I do not know and we don't either. Some kids will work harder than others and have much better guidance. Thats one variable. Its just so hard to say. I do however, believe there is a lot of excellent players in this group. I forgot about the young man from Franklin Co. Hes going to be a player IMO.

My point was that I do not know and we don't either. Some kids will work harder than others and have much better guidance. Thats one variable. Its just so hard to say. I do however, believe there is a lot of excellent players in this group. I forgot about the young man from Franklin Co. Hes going to be a player IMO.
I agree with you that the list will change. I expect many of the kids mentioned will continue to be tops in their class, especially the ones with very good skills and work ethic. I think the thing about freshman is that there are some that have already matured physically and others that have a ways to go.
  • Author

Some others from NKY that will make some noise are:

 

Justin Saunders - Brossart

Darius Meiman - St. Henry

Travis Pavy - Ryle

Max Nussbaum - Beechwood

Kristian Morgan and Nick Brown, two freshman kids that played for the Wolfpack AAU team last winter and will be playing together this year at Gallatin County should not be overlooked. Both are great athletes with very good basketball IQs.

 

Where did Nick Brown go to middle school?

Some others from NKY that will make some noise are:

 

Justin Saunders - Brossart

Darius Meiman - St. Henry

Travis Pavy - Ryle

Max Nussbaum - Beechwood

 

 

AFI--Does Saunders see any freshman time this year at all for the Mustangs, and do you think he's got a chance to see any varsity time later in the year?

Some others from NKY that will make some noise are:

 

Justin Saunders - Brossart

Darius Meiman - St. Henry

Travis Pavy - Ryle

Max Nussbaum - Beechwood

 

Is this the same Meiman who went to Walton last year?

  • Author
Where did Nick Brown go to middle school?

 

Gray Middle - Ryle feeder

  • Author
AFI--Does Saunders see any freshman time this year at all for the Mustangs, and do you think he's got a chance to see any varsity time later in the year?

 

I am not real close to the situation. But based on last year (Fardo & Bezold), I would expect him to play Freshman but also log some JV minutes. There are 3 good classes ahead of him so any varsity minutes would be limited I think.

 

Mustang could probably provide a better perspective.

  • Author
Is this the same Meiman who went to Walton last year?

 

Yes, same kid. He is going to be a good one. Especially, if he keeps growing.

Who were some of the top players on the Scott Co. and Madison Co. teams that did so well in the AAU national tournament? They will all be freshman this coming season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.