Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For Those That Don't Like UK's Shorts

Those Who Do Not Like The Shorts Choose Your Age Bracket 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Those Who Do Not Like The Shorts Choose Your Age Bracket

    • 25 and under
      25%
      13
    • 26-35
      19%
      10
    • 36-45
      15%
      8
    • 46 +
      39%
      20

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Can we see a pic, BTW?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. As stated, I have no problem with those shorts at all.

 

BTW, I spent the past two weeks (before this one) in Winchester- goldie, between the beer cheese and Ale-8, you all have a mighty fine town. If Hall's On The River is within the Winchester town limits, then change mighty fine to excellent.

Thanks. As stated, I have no problem with those shorts at all.

 

BTW, I spent the past two weeks (before this one) in Winchester- goldie, between the beer cheese and Ale-8, you all have a mighty fine town. If Hall's On The River is within the Winchester town limits, then change mighty fine to excellent.

 

You should have hollered at me...:lol: Halls is very good , but I like Southwind better.

Did you get a chance to experience South Main Grocery?

 

Back to the shorts....they look like a skirt...:ohbrother:

  • Author

Polls pretty even at this point. Kind of surprising being I thought the younger crowd would be more for them. Last year made Kentucky and a handful of other schools the only schools other than the original four (Ohio State, Syracuse, Arizona, Florida) to wear Nike's new system of dress. The uniforms were actually made like that on purpose. If you go to Nike's website I still think System of Dress has its own page and explains how the tight dry fit tops and loose shorts serve a purpose. I know a lot hate the shorts, but anybody that has ever wore shorts that are almost as loose fitting as those know they are extremely comfortable, and instead of getting overly hot and sweaty your legs actually have a lot of room to breathe and it feels nice. I loved the System Of Dress look when Syracuse and Ohio State made its debut a couple years ago before tourney time. I still love Syracuse's look and think it comes together quite nicely. I also like Kentucky's uniforms and like them a lot. I love the design, I love the look, I just like them for some reason. Again I know many people don't like them at all, but I guess its really not about us, but rather the guys who have to wear them and they seem to like them. Look at a lot of the high school stars and notice their shorts. I know a lot of of the guys I went to school with got shorts that were two, three sizes too big just so they would be loose on them. So whether we like them or dislike them it seems like the majority of players now like the looser shorts, and it has just been a progression of getting longer and looser ever since MJ brought the look into style.

The only problem these shorts could cause would be dribbling between your legs and range of motion if your knee gets caught up it it.

 

But Im sure Nike thought of both of those aspects before they made the shorts.

 

But either way they still look a little too long to me.

Here's what I can't figure out. If your legs are supposed to breathe, why does just about everybody wear compression shorts underneath?

The results don't surprise me at all. They look girly, and that's a variable that is not age-dependent.

The results don't surprise me at all. They look girly, and that's a variable that is not age-dependent.

 

I agree with mcpapa that it's no surprise. The age brackets come out just about even, lets lower the length of the shorts a bit, coach. :lol:

I hate to be the science teacher in the bunch, but in order to analyze your results more (comparing age groups) the poll needs to have a "like" feature. For example, though it's about even for each age bracket at the moment (3-6 in each) , what if in one bracket, there are 30 but only 5 don't like them and in another bracket there are only 6 people and 5 don't like them. That's not "even" at all.

  • Author
I hate to be the science teacher in the bunch, but in order to analyze your results more (comparing age groups) the poll needs to have a "like" feature. For example, though it's about even for each age bracket at the moment (3-6 in each) , what if in one bracket, there are 30 but only 5 don't like them and in another bracket there are only 6 people and 5 don't like them. That's not "even" at all.

 

That's why I tried to be specific and say only the ones who do not like the shorts vote in the poll. Not sure if it worked though.

That's why I tried to be specific and say only the ones who do not like the shorts vote in the poll. Not sure if it worked though.

 

But that's the problem. You need options for those that DO like the short, because the conclusion that you all are coming to is that there is no real difference between who does and does not like the shorts, based on almost equal numbers of responses. In order to reach a valid conclusion, you need to know how many people total (likes and dislikes) fit in each age group. If 6/6 40 - 50 year olds hate the short it is quite different than if 6 out of 30 18-25 year olds hate the shorts. You'd arrive at a very different conclusion that way.

I'm 23 and don't like the shorts. They're just too baggy. I'm okay with the length, but the bagginess makes them look like a skirt.

 

:thumb:

 

I wouldn't have a problem with the length if they weren't so baggy either and I am 46.

  • Author
But that's the problem. You need options for those that DO like the short, because the conclusion that you all are coming to is that there is no real difference between who does and does not like the shorts, based on almost equal numbers of responses. In order to reach a valid conclusion, you need to know how many people total (likes and dislikes) fit in each age group. If 6/6 40 - 50 year olds hate the short it is quite different than if 6 out of 30 18-25 year olds hate the shorts. You'd arrive at a very different conclusion that way.

 

Valid point, and good idea. I was just trying to see what age group hated them the most because it seemed as if all the hate wasn't coming from the younger posters. However, I have been a little surprised at the results.

I am 51 and I cannot stand the dresses that they are calling shorts. Design is o.k., the length is absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes::irked:.

I would be afraid that they would trip over them and blow out an ankle or knee...............:ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.