Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ricardo Johnson

Featured Replies

  • Author
The kid at BG is Chane Behanen. When we talk about Rico, I would say he is the best player in KY at his age group. There are some others behind him in age and grade that may be better than he is now when they reach Rico's age.

With how rapidly Guyn has improved over the last year I think it is VERY close between him and Rico as the best SR in KY...

  • Replies 92
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how rapidly Guyn has improved over the last year I think it is VERY close between him and Rico as the best SR in KY...

 

I think Johnson is a more complete player. Johnson will be able to expand his game by playing the one this year for the Bulldogs.

  • Author
I think Johnson is a more complete player. Johnson will be able to expand his game by playing the one this year for the Bulldogs.

Just curious, but how much did you get to see Guyn this spring and summer? I felt the same way at the end of the high school season but he really stepped it up against some very stiff competition on both ends of the floor in the AAU season. I'm not sure which one I'd say is better, just saying it's very close...

Has Ricardo freed himself from the AAU coach people have mentioned?

  • Author
Has Ricardo freed himself from the AAU coach people have mentioned?

His AAU career is over, so yes to some extent. With all of the schools getting involved, I think it is safe to say he is out of the picture...

His AAU career is over, so yes to some extent. With all of the schools getting involved, I think it is safe to say he is out of the picture...

 

 

Speculation is that with him being out of the picture interest will pick up (or has already picked up).

  • Author
Speculation is that with him being out of the picture interest will pick up (or has already picked up).

I'd say that's like going out on the limb of a redwood. As I have said on here for a long time, a lot of programs stayed away simply because of having to deal with the AAU coach...

Didn't Guyn play on a really solid AAU team as opposed to Johnson?

I think that exposure paid dividends for Guyn.

I have not seen Guyn since last year's regionals, but he seems to be very offensively oriented. I think Johnson is physically a better player and can play both ends of the floor.

It will be interesting to see how Johnson's recruitment plays out now.

Ricardo's highschool basketball season hasn't even started yet, and he is getting a lot of attention. I think he will continue to get offers, and maybe get some high major offers towards the end of the year, especially if you see Holmes at Rupp again this year.

Ah okay, if we are talking between Guyn and Johnson as best senior in KY, I'd have to say I was more impressed with Johnson, but from what I've heard from a couple people whose job it is to watch and talk about these guys...Guyn may actually have stepped it up..alot. I have heard nothing but good about him over the Summer..

Has anyone heard anymore about Rico? I know when the football team was playing Lloyd I talked to someone close to the situation and he said Johnson was on his visit to Bradley but I haven't heard much sense then

Has anyone heard anymore about Rico? I know when the football team was playing Lloyd I talked to someone close to the situation and he said Johnson was on his visit to Bradley but I haven't heard much sense then

 

He has been going on visits, I believe he has two more to go!

I don't think he's close to making his decision though.

He has been going on visits, I believe he has two more to go!

I don't think he's close to making his decision though.

 

Thanks for the update.

Edited by spindoc

Speculation is that with him being out of the picture interest will pick up (or has already picked up).

 

Who was the coach???

Ricardo Johnson is headed to Ohio University. Great get for John Groce and his staff!

 

- Evan Daniels

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.