Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ricardo Johnson

Featured Replies

Now that is some good news... :thumb:

 

I've heard of the Firebirds, but I don't know really who plays for them except for some Newport kids, does any one have a good idea on who is on that team?

  • Replies 92
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of the Firebirds, but I don't know really who plays for them except for some Newport kids, does any one have a good idea on who is on that team?

 

It's a team that qualified with six from Highlands(Lother,Dill,Gordon,&Smith-Kelller) and two from Newport (McDaniel & Collins) Grubbs and Grote played but are footballers so Ricardo & maybe JJ along with Stewart (HHS) are going to add on to play at Nationals.

It's a team that qualified with six from Highlands(Lother,Dill,Gordon,&Smith-Kelller) and two from Newport (McDaniel & Collins) Grubbs and Grote played but are footballers so Ricardo & maybe JJ along with Stewart (HHS) are going to add on to play at Nationals.

 

No Pittman? He would also be a big edition to the teem. And didn't Brandon Tucker used to play for them?

Not sure what Pittman is up to right now.........Rico & JJ have a history having played with this group before. Tucker played with them in past years but not in this AAU season........

The offers will keep rolling in for this kid, he is a great TEAM player. He is not flashy, doesn't put himself above the team, and he is a gifted athlete. Good luck to him in his recruiting process and in his senior year.

 

You know, I thought so. But, I am not sure anymore. I had heard at the beginning of the summer that UK was keeping an eye on him, but I havent heard anything since. I dont know that this kid will get that big D-1 offer as maybe expected last season and earlier this summer. Dont get me wrong, I CERTAINLY hope he does. He seems to be a great kid, and he's a really nice player, Im just not sure where those offers come from or when???

He's going down to nationals with the Firebirds. Hopefully he will pick up some more offers!

 

Did the Firebirds qualify for the nationals at the state tournament?

He's going down to nationals with the Firebirds. Hopefully he will pick up some more offers!

 

That's good to hear! I know we had no room for the Johnson's or Pittman when we got a call about them last Saturday, did Pittman and JJ get a team to pick them up?

I heard the Firebirds are going to be playing in the Division 2 Nationals. Is there any truth to this?

He's going down to nationals with the Firebirds. Hopefully he will pick up some more offers!

 

Where are the nationals? Is he flying? I've heard he isn't a big fan of flying.

I'm being told he has recently picked up offers from Ohio U and Marshall...

This to me should be the first Ky. kid signed by Coach Cal. and the new staff at UK. I have watched him play several times and I think he is the best D-1 talent in the state. Reason: He is a physical 6'5 guard who can really defend and get to the goal. He also has a pretty nice touch from the outside. I think he would be a solid addition to UK or any other SEC school. Good Luck Ricardo Johnson. :thumb:

Where are the nationals? Is he flying? I've heard he isn't a big fan of flying.

 

Nationals are in Orlando, Fl. The Disney world wide of sports complex I believe. They are driving down, lol where did you hear he was afraid to fly.

Nationals are in Orlando, Fl. The Disney world wide of sports complex I believe. They are driving down, lol where did you hear he was afraid to fly.

 

I'm not exactly sure, but I only know two people that know him pretty well. From what I was told though it's a pretty big issue. I know he's a better prospect than NKU, but if I was Beez I'd show him the schedule they use. I don't think NKU takes a lot of flights.

I'm not exactly sure, but I only know two people that know him pretty well. From what I was told though it's a pretty big issue. I know he's a better prospect than NKU, but if I was Beez I'd show him the schedule they use. I don't think NKU takes a lot of flights.

 

I could see Ricardo sayin something like that, lol. If he goes to Bradley or Marshall, or anywhere bigger, he will have to fly.

 

I talked to him no that long ago, and he said Bradley was going to fly him out there for an officaial visit, but he couldn't because it was during nationals and would be in Orlando.

This to me should be the first Ky. kid signed by Coach Cal. and the new staff at UK. I have watched him play several times and I think he is the best D-1 talent in the state. Reason: He is a physical 6'5 guard who can really defend and get to the goal. He also has a pretty nice touch from the outside. I think he would be a solid addition to UK or any other SEC school. Good Luck Ricardo Johnson. :thumb:

 

In addition to his physical skills, Ricardo is a great team player. A pass first, shoot second kind of guy. Very supportive of his teammates. The kind of player who wants to take the big shot and wants the ball in his hands at crunch time. :clap::clap:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.