Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red-Hot Rivalries

Featured Replies

Ranking UNC/Duke 4th hottest is asking for trouble....

Duke vs. UNC has to be number one. UT vs. UK isn't even on the radar, much like MSU vs. Purdue.

Ranking UNC/Duke 4th hottest is asking for trouble....

 

:popcorn: :jump:

Duke vs. UNC has to be number one. UT vs. UK isn't even on the radar, much like MSU vs. Purdue.

 

There's Pat Forde for ya.

1. UNC vs. Duke

 

2. Probably UK-UL.

 

3. Doesn't matter.

I agree. Duke UNC is #1. I would also think the UK UNC would be bigger than the UK UT. I don't even think UT vs UK is that big at all.

Heck, a fairly sizeable percentage of UK fans think that Duke is the #1 rival of the Cats.

 

What was that percentage again; I keep forgetting.:D

1. UNC vs. Duke

 

2. Probably UK-UL.

 

3. Doesn't matter.

 

I agree.

 

Pat Forde is an idiot to have UK- Tennessee ahead of Duke UNC. There is no bigger rivalry than Duke- UNC.

I agree.

 

Pat Forde is an idiot to have UK- Tennessee ahead of Duke UNC. There is no bigger rivalry than Duke- UNC.

 

Agreed

I agree.

 

Pat Forde is an idiot to have UK- Tennessee ahead of Duke UNC. There is no bigger rivalry than Duke- UNC.

 

I disagree. The only reason its such a "huge" rivalry is that ESPN shows it on 8 different channels at the same time. IT is a great rivalry, but it is not greater then UK-UL...The football part of things here in the UK-UL rivalry put it over the top of the Duke-UNC rivalry. Not to mention they play eachother 3 times a year. There is so much more at stake for the State of Kentucky when UK and UL play that one game of basketball then there is for the state of North Carolina.

And... I think perhaps he meant this season. Although it could be next year, or whatever.

 

But the point is all the hype that Calipari has brought. The perceived rivalry with Pitino. And Calipari and Pearl butting heads in Tennessee.

 

Duke will most likely be down next season, and Carolina won't be nearly as immortal.

I disagree. The only reason its such a "huge" rivalry is that ESPN shows it on 8 different channels at the same time. IT is a great rivalry, but it is not greater then UK-UL...The football part of things here in the UK-UL rivalry put it over the top of the Duke-UNC rivalry. Not to mention they play eachother 3 times a year. There is so much more at stake for the State of Kentucky when UK and UL play that one game of basketball then there is for the state of North Carolina.

 

I agree, Duke v UNC was the game to watch four or five years ago. It has lost a lot of its luster to me. I used to make it a point to watch that game twice a tear, but now I could care less.

I disagree. The only reason its such a "huge" rivalry is that ESPN shows it on 8 different channels at the same time. IT is a great rivalry, but it is not greater then UK-UL...The football part of things here in the UK-UL rivalry put it over the top of the Duke-UNC rivalry. Not to mention they play eachother 3 times a year. There is so much more at stake for the State of Kentucky when UK and UL play that one game of basketball then there is for the state of North Carolina.

 

:laugh: Maybe in your mind only. As for the rest of the nation and most of the bluegrass, they understand that UNC/Duke is the top college basketball rivalry.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.