Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red-Hot Rivalries

Featured Replies

1. UNC vs. Duke

 

2. Probably UK-UL.

 

3. Doesn't matter.

 

:thumb:

I agree. Duke UNC is #1. I would also think the UK UNC would be bigger than the UK UT. I don't even think UT vs UK is that big at all.

 

It used to be.

I disagree. The only reason its such a "huge" rivalry is that ESPN shows it on 8 different channels at the same time. IT is a great rivalry, but it is not greater then UK-UL...The football part of things here in the UK-UL rivalry put it over the top of the Duke-UNC rivalry. Not to mention they play eachother 3 times a year. There is so much more at stake for the State of Kentucky when UK and UL play that one game of basketball then there is for the state of North Carolina.

 

Duke players HATE, and I mean HATE UNC players, and UNC players feel the same way, even worse. Duke fans loath UNC fans, and vice versa. That is not the way in KY. Some of it is that way, but not as intense.

Duke players HATE, and I mean HATE UNC players, and UNC players feel the same way, even worse. Duke fans loath UNC fans, and vice versa. That is not the way in KY. Some of it is that way, but not as intense.

 

Those are my thoughts. As a UK fan I want to beat U of L, but I always root for the Cards when they play other teams. I wanted U of L to win the Final Four last season. Most UK fans that I know personally are the same way. Not so much the U of L fans that I know, but many of them don't really HATE UK. With Duke-UNC it is a bitter hatred for their rival. Now, UK-UofL may change with the Cal vs Pitino angle but I don't know.

:laugh: Maybe in your mind only. As for the rest of the nation and most of the bluegrass, they understand that UNC/Duke is the top college basketball rivalry.

You are a UNC fan...I expect you to think the way that you do.

I'm a UK fan and also think Duke-UNC is #1. What adds fuel to the fire is they are playing for more than bragging rights. Much more.

You are a UNC fan...I expect you to think the way that you do.

 

Of course, but as you can see most UK fans that has posted on here agree with me.

Duke players HATE, and I mean HATE UNC players, and UNC players feel the same way, even worse. Duke fans loath UNC fans, and vice versa. That is not the way in KY. Some of it is that way, but not as intense.

 

The students from each school share the same bar scene on Franklin Street. I'm sure that gets interesting. :popcorn:

I disagree. The only reason its such a "huge" rivalry is that ESPN shows it on 8 different channels at the same time. IT is a great rivalry, but it is not greater then UK-UL...The football part of things here in the UK-UL rivalry put it over the top of the Duke-UNC rivalry. Not to mention they play eachother 3 times a year. There is so much more at stake for the State of Kentucky when UK and UL play that one game of basketball then there is for the state of North Carolina.

 

The bolded is the reason it is the #1 rivalry. Almost every year those three games determine the ACC champ, the ACC tourney champ, and sometimes the National Champ. It is because so much is at stake when they play that it is such a bitter rivalry.

 

When UK and UL play it is for bragging rights only. Only three times have they met in any post season. UNC and Duke meet in the ACC tourney so many times they have a history of their own.

 

I can't stand either program living here in their territory, but even I acknowledge it's the best rivalry in college basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.