Who plays in the 2A state championship game

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me some general informatoin about who the dominant teams are in AA? In Louisville AA does not get much coverage because of all the dominant AAAA schools, I'm just curious about which schools have the most tradition and talent.

Can anyone give me some general informatoin about who the dominant teams are in AA? In Louisville AA does not get much coverage because of all the dominant AAAA schools, I'm just curious about which schools have the most tradition and talent.

In the East.......Belfry, Breathitt Co., Prestonsburg, Middlesboro, & Russell are the top tier teams year in and year out. Middlesboro had a down year this past season, but they shoud be alright later.

In the West, to the best of my knowledge.........Corbin, O'Cath, Glasgow, Bardstown, & Ft. Campbell are usually really good.

Happy Gilmore answered it well. AA, more than any other class, has been in flux the most with all the teams that have entered and then left its ranks over the last 10 years. Mayfield and Danville used to dominate the class ('87 to '98) and then Boyle had their two year run before moving up to AAA (won AA in '99 and '00).

The last champs have been:

2001 Bardstown

2002 Breathitt County

2003 Belfry

2004 Belfry

It's a class with good football that is very balanced from top to bottom.

I like what I see everyone is discounting the Lloyd "Juggs"! They difinitely will be in the thick of thing's. JD :ylsuper:

We're going under the radar this year JD. We aren't even an elite team in the East year in/out...

;) :sssh:

Lloyd has advanced past the second round of the playoffs just once in nine years. I'm not sure why they should be considered to reach the championship game based on past performance.

They aren't and they shouldn't. Let's just forget about them...

:thumb:

From what I am hearing Newport and Mercer are not going to be any cake walk for anyone. We all took our lump's last year and hopfully we will be delivering a few this year. Happy I know you were not thinking of NKY. JD

Totally slips my mind when discussing 2A in most cases. Mostly becaue NKY is SO strong in 1A & 3A.