Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Porter be brought back.

Should Michael Porter be brought back. 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Michael Porter be brought back.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
That's what he trained for last off season, under the assumption that Liggins or Galloway could handle the PG spot. That didn't happen so he ended up being the best option at PG.

 

Last year he shot 33% from 3, and was (a distant) second in total made 3s behind Jodie.

 

And that was while logging nearly all his minutes playing the point.

 

With Jodie's departure, he'd be more likely to see time at the 2 than behind Wall and Bledsoe at the point.

Exactly, he is a career .351, in 07-08 when he didn't log as many minutes at point he shot .419, which is pretty good.
  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Why can't he do that then? Why is it up to the basketball team to give him a scholarship?
I didn't say it was up to the basketball team. I was giving reasons why he would come back. For all we know this would be the only avenue for him to gain a scholarship.
He's already graduated and he has a baby on the way--why would he want to come back? It sounds like real life is calling him pretty strongly.

 

:thumb: Exactly what I was going to post. I believe he knows that he is obviuously never going to make a living playing basketball, he is working on and will be sucsessfull in becoming a responsible adult with a wife and family.

I doubt that he would be intersted in coming back and I wish Porter the best. I believe he will be a sucess in life, that after all is much more important than basketball.

 

(so, fans will have to find someone else to bash and they will:D)

:thumb: Exactly what I was going to post. I believe he knows that he is obviuously never going to make a living playing basketball, he is working on and will be sucsessfull in becoming a responsible adult with a wife and family.

I doubt that he would be intersted in coming back and I wish Porter the best. I believe he will be a sucess in life, that after all is much more important than basketball.

 

(so, fans will have to find someone else to bash and they will:D)

 

:thumb:

I say yes may as well use it.

 

 

Coach Cal if we don't get Porter is going to get no one plus he only has 1 year left.

  • Author
:thumb: Exactly what I was going to post. I believe he knows that he is obviuously never going to make a living playing basketball, he is working on and will be sucsessfull in becoming a responsible adult with a wife and family.

I doubt that he would be intersted in coming back and I wish Porter the best. I believe he will be a sucess in life, that after all is much more important than basketball.

 

(so, fans will have to find someone else to bash and they will:D)

In all honesty I agree with this and I don't think he would come back. But it's an interesting topic to discuss on a boring Tuesday.
He wouldn't get PG minutes...his minutes would come at SG.

 

No his minutes would come when UK leads 105-60 over someone.

No, Porter has a family and will have three mouths to feed, its time to let this one go.

I'm shocked the poll is this close

What is the reasoning behind the 'Yes' votes??? To be nice? Because it's the "right" thing to do?? What?

Matt Jones is really hyping this idea quite a bit. Do you think he should be offered the open scholarship?

 

Ok he can't dribble and he can't drive and his shooting is shakey at best. I guess Matt Jones has not watched tape of Wall & Bledsoe because he would never ever play a minute. Wall is a totally athletic freak at PG.

his shooting is shakey at best.

 

Last year he shot 33% from 3, and was (a distant) second in total made 3s behind Jodie.

 

And that was while logging nearly all his minutes playing the point.

 

With Jodie's departure, he'd be more likely to see time at the 2 than behind Wall and Bledsoe at the point.

 

Just sayin...

What is the reasoning behind the 'Yes' votes??? To be nice? Because it's the "right" thing to do?? What?

 

Ok I will bite...I'm not the biggest Porter fan out there, but I think it is only fitting to have him back for his senior year. What could it hurt. Maybe he should of taken the football route, but the kid wanted to come half way across the country to a school that he loved. "Kentucky" Not many kids would of done that with some of the football offers he had back at home. JMO!!!!

Ok I will bite...I'm not the biggest Porter fan out there, but I think it is only fitting to have him back for his senior year. What could it hurt. Maybe he should of taken the football route, but the kid wanted to come half way across the country to a school that he loved. "Kentucky" Not many kids would of done that with some of the football offers he had back at home. JMO!!!!

 

lol, I wasn't trying to get anyone to "bite". It's not a trick question...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.