Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If the Lakers win Sunday, who is the greatest NBA head coach of all-time?

If the Lakers win Sunday, who is the greatest NBA head coach of all-time? 29 members have voted

  1. 1. If the Lakers win Sunday, who is the greatest NBA head coach of all-time?

    • Phil Jackson
      62%
    • Red Auerbach
      34%
    • Pat Riley
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Red has coached a total of 9 HOF'ers while Phil has coached 4(Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe). That tells me Phil is doing more with less so he gets the nod, IMO. The argument that Phil had talent while Red didn't is a bogus argument, IMO.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red has coached a total of 9 HOF'ers while Phil has coached 4(Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe). That tells me Phil is doing more with less so he gets the nod, IMO. The argument that Phil had talent while Red didn't is a bogus argument, IMO.

 

No responses to this post

No responses to this post

 

To add to your first post, I feel as if Phil has coached against tougher competition.

No responses to this post

 

Of those four, Jordan, Kobe, and Shaq could be the best or close to the best of all time at their positions.

Of those four, Jordan, Kobe, and Shaq could be the best or close to the best of all time at their positions.

 

The same could be said for Cousy, Russell and Havlicek

The same could be said for Cousy, Russell and Havlicek

 

Those three are great but I think the other trio is better.

Those three are great but I think the other trio is better.

 

I'm not sure what your point is?

 

Okay so Shaq, Kobe and Jordan are better. Does that diminish what Phil has done? Does that change the fact that Red coached more HOFers? Does that change the fact that Red's team always had at least 3 HOFers on them? Does that change the fact that there were fewer teams in the years that Red won. Does that change the fact that there were fewer playoff teams that Red had to beat? Does that change the fact that there really wasn't the threat of losing guys to free agency like there is in Phil's era?

 

I am not trying to be overly confrontational, sweet16, I just want to understand your point. I don't right now. I have made mine and I want to understand the other side of the argument. :D

  • Author
I'm not sure what your point is?

 

Okay so Shaq, Kobe and Jordan are better. Does that diminish what Phil has done? Does that change the fact that Red coached more HOFers? Does that change the fact that Red's team always had at least 3 HOFers on them? Does that change the fact that there were fewer teams in the years that Red won. Does that change the fact that there were fewer playoff teams that Red had to beat? Does that change the fact that there really wasn't the threat of losing guys to free agency like there is in Phil's era?

 

I am not trying to be overly confrontational, sweet16, I just want to understand your point. I don't right now. I have made mine and I want to understand the other side of the argument. :D

 

:thumb::thumb:

I'm not sure what your point is?

 

Okay so Shaq, Kobe and Jordan are better. Does that diminish what Phil has done? Does that change the fact that Red coached more HOFers? Does that change the fact that Red's team always had at least 3 HOFers on them? Does that change the fact that there were fewer teams in the years that Red won. Does that change the fact that there were fewer playoff teams that Red had to beat? Does that change the fact that there really wasn't the threat of losing guys to free agency like there is in Phil's era?

 

I am not trying to be overly confrontational, sweet16, I just want to understand your point. I don't right now. I have made mine and I want to understand the other side of the argument. :D

 

I was replying to an earlier post that was comparing the players Red coached as compared to Phil.

 

I think that they both are great coaches. It is very impressive that Phil has done it with two different teams.

I was replying to an earlier post that was comparing the players Red coached as compared to Phil.

 

I think that they both are great coaches. It is very impressive that Phil has done it with two different teams.

 

:thumb:

 

I think that we get too caught up in trying to compare at times and measure success and greatness at the expense of others (including myself :D). I can get behind that statement. They were and are both great coaches!

:thumb:

 

I think that we get too caught up in trying to compare at times and measure success and greatness at the expense of others (including myself :D). I can get behind that statement. They were and are both great coaches!

 

I agree it is very hard to compare coaches of different eras. Much different type of league from when Red coached and now.

Just a question.

 

Does being a Kobe fan make you guys Laker fans?

 

or

 

Did being a Laker fan make you a Kobe fan?

 

It just seems that the Kobe fans on this site take up for other Lakers pretty hard when others are talking about them. Just trying to see the perspective you guys are coming from.

Just a question.

 

Does being a Kobe fan make you guys Laker fans?

 

or

 

Did being a Laker fan make you a Kobe fan?

 

It just seems that the Kobe fans on this site take up for other Lakers pretty hard when others are talking about them. Just trying to see the perspective you guys are coming from.

 

Without an NBA team around here I grew up watching the Lakers and started to like them. I started liking Kobe because he was on the Lakers and he quickly became my favorite player. If you made me pick one over the other, I would pick Kobe.

Phil is the man now.

Phil is the man now.

 

Have to agree there. Followed by Popovich.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.