'09 East/West 4A

Nice to be posting with PP again:dancingpa. haha, but IMO personally I think this year’s Bell County team is going to be leaps and bounds better than last years. We've got a ton of speed, and the same power you can always expect from a Bell Co. team. Very athletic bunch Dudley's fielding this year.

:thumb:

Sounds like a great game waiting to happen. I hope it becomes a reality. :thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Lex. Cath, Rock and Knox are thinking where do we fit in or do we just roll over and let these 2 play for the trip to the Championship Game.

You can never count out Lex Cath. NEVER! Rockcastle can have a say so early in the season if a win comes on August 29th.

Time will tell who will come out of the east. It's not going be easy to say any one team, but IMO if we are at home, I really like our chances!

I geuss we will see again in December who the best is.
Of course we will ... but we kept hearing the same thing last year about how the east was supposed to be so superior to the west, and the final score in the championship game was 15-13.

So many people have based their opinion on the matter on one game, the 2007 title game. Never mind that no one on the eastern side seriously challenged Lexington Catholic, either. Everybody just saw LexCath rip Lone Oak to shreds and made a blanket assumption about the western side of 4A.

Why doesn't last year's final call that premise into question?

I think the most dangerous team in 4A this coming season could be Lexington Catholic, folks. They always have the speed with the size. Saying that, I have an honest opinion of believing that we'll see another Bell vs. Boyle game. Both teams have alot of talent but I believe Boyle will reduce the turnovers this time around and come away with a huge victory. I look forward to the season. :D

I guess I am one of the one's who wasn't all that impressed with LexCath last year and I don't know what they have gained in the last year to make them as good as Boyle or Bell. They lost their stud TE, RB, and WR's. I guess time will tell, but any game Boyle plays against LexCath is likely to be at Boyle. I very well could be wrong, but again, I am only worried about Bell County right now. Time will tell me if I am wrong.

I guess I am one of the one's who wasn't all that impressed with LexCath last year and I don't know what they have gained in the last year to make them as good as Boyle or Bell. They lost their stud TE, RB, and WR's. I guess time will tell, but any game Boyle plays against LexCath is likely to be at Boyle. I very well could be wrong, but again, I am only worried about Bell County right now. Time will tell me if I am wrong.

I agree with you I don't see Lex Cath being as good as Boyle or Bell but I could be wrong I don't see anyone being consistently as good as either one of these 3 teams year in and out in the west I could be wrong. IMO

I agree with you I don't see Lex Cath being as good as Boyle or Bell but I could be wrong I don't see anyone being consistently as good as either one of these 3 teams year in and out in the west I could be wrong. IMO

Bell/Boyle/Lexington Catholic are easily the beast of the east. As a Boyle fan I would just hope Boyle stands alone. As a realistic fan I know that Bell County is full of talented hard nosed football players as is Boyle County. Look, either way we all look forward to this coming season. Is the countdown for Boyle's first game down to 54 days now? :clap:

Edited by charlesw88
typo

I've got to give Bullitt East props. I agree with the last three posts that basically no team in the west is going to be a consistent contender like Bell/Boyle/Lex Cath, but Bulitt East deserves a ton of credit. They showed up and shocked some people last year, I'd like to see how they do in '09.

Lex/Cath did graduate some key players off the 08 team. But they have the core team returning. As we here at Boyle well know they can and they will find kids to fill the vacant positions. If Boyle can beat Lex/Cath in the regular season they will stay at home for the playoffs, this would be a huge advantage.

This group of juniors at Boyle could be the strongest group to come through in some time. They are small in stature but they are quick and very hard nosed.

This group were Salt River Conference champions as 7th and 8th graders.

They only lost one game to East Jessamine as Freshman. And went undefeated last year, their J.V. season.:clap:

Lex/Cath did graduate some key players off the 08 team. But they have the core team returning. As we here at Boyle well know they can and they will find kids to fill the vacant positions. If Boyle can beat Lex/Cath in the regular season they will stay at home for the playoffs, this would be a huge advantage.

This group of juniors at Boyle could be the strongest group to come through in some time. They are small in stature but they are quick and very hard nosed.

This group were Salt River Conference champions as 7th and 8th graders.

They only lost one game to East Jessamine as Freshman. And went undefeated last year, their J.V. season.:clap:

I agree with you Benz_Trophies. Bell is in the same boat they have a good bunch of juniors coming this season and they haven't lost a game since their 7th grade year. So they will replace what was lost last season and the majority of them played alot last year so they have some experience. BE gave Bell all that they wanted last year and I am not taking anything away from them but will they be a consistent contender year in and year out like the top three that I talked about earlier. IMO no one will but we will have to find out.