'09 East/West 4A

Are we distinguishing between Region 1 (which is really the west) and who comes out of the left side of the bracket? Because if we're really talking the west (Region 1), then it's already been said that Allen County is expected to emerge.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but to some here the west doesn't really matter ...

This is true. I think the west earned it's respect this year, at least a good part of it back from the '07 game. I don't think anyone expected Bullitt East to be in it v.s Bell to the end like they were. That was a pure heavy weight bout.

Westsider, might as well throw some teams out there and get some takers? I said 10 from the West have a shot. I think Allen Co.-Scottsville is the favorite and after that:

-Franklin Simpson (always will be a fixture)

-Marion County (Jeff Robbins has been able to get the talent out & producing)

-Lou. Fairdale (no shortage in talent)

-Lou. Western (see above. Maybe have as much talent as anyone in Lville)

-Calloway Co. (even though they lost everybody, other than Willis)

-Bullitt East (lost quite a bit, but Doug Preston will have them ready)

-LaRue County (young and talented, could be the darkhorse of this bunch)

-Hopkins Co. Central

This is true. I think the west earned it's respect this year, at least a good part of it back from the '07 game. I don't think anyone expected Bullitt East to be in it v.s Bell to the end like they were. That was a pure heavy weight bout.

Westsider, might as well throw some teams out there and get some takers? I said 10 from the West have a shot. I think Allen Co.-Scottsville is the favorite and after that:

-Franklin Simpson (always will be a fixture)

-Marion County (Jeff Robbins has been able to get the talent out & producing)

-Lou. Fairdale (no shortage in talent)

-Lou. Western (see above. Maybe have as much talent as anyone in Lville)

-Calloway Co. (even though they lost everybody, other than Willis)

-Bullitt East (lost quite a bit, but Doug Preston will have them ready)

-LaRue County (young and talented, could be the darkhorse of this bunch)

-Hopkins Co. Central

I pick out of these Marion Co and Allen Co Scottsville to come out of the west.

The west was fine in 2007 ... Lone Oak ran into a buzzsaw in the finals, a Lexington Catholic team that was head and shoulders above everyone else in 4A. I saw several of LexCath's playoff games om tape, and I would have given Lone Oak a decent chance to beat anybody else from the east that year.

The west was fine in 2007 ... Lone Oak ran into a buzzsaw in the finals, a Lexington Catholic team that was head and shoulders above everyone else in 4A. I saw several of LexCath's playoff games om tape, and I would have given Lone Oak a decent chance to beat anybody else from the east that year.

LexCath was very, very good in 07. You are definitely right about that. :thumb:

I agree with you westsider. My point with the west is not many teams play defense that is why BE was so good last year and Coach Preston learned that stuff from Coach Hilton, Coach Harp and many others. Lone Oak was to one dimensional and they were that with the pass.

I agree with you westsider. My point with the west is not many teams play defense that is why BE was so good last year and Coach Preston learned that stuff from Coach Hilton, Coach Harp and many others. Lone Oak was to one dimensional and they were that with the pass.
Or maybe some of the offenses from the west are pretty good. After all, Bulllitt East gave up 49 points in the semifinals.

This is just a product of this reclassification and where the schools fell. In the current allignment, all the 'traditional' power teams in the west fell into the other classes. Kind of the same way with 6A.

That LexCath was. I should have clarified. I didnt mean any disrespect to Lone Oak. Personally, I think the West is better from top to bottom. They lack the "dominant" teams that the East has (Boyle, Bell, LexCath), but I definately feel the West is better all around.

I'm also going to have to agree with another post about Cov. Holmes. They might raise a few eyebrows in the East this year. It's not like they'll be short on speed or talent.