Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2009/2010

Featured Replies

I also like Josh Riley on this team because he is a worker. Like Zeke Pike, he has a certain toughness about him. He isnt afraid to put his body on the floor to save a ball for his team. He also has a wide body that can get into the lane. He is a scrappy player that will go after rebounds and 50/50 balls. I understand he is also a football player, so a little contact doesnt affect him.

 

It's Raleigh. He's been a starter at linebacker since his sophomore year. He's very physical, and he'll typically guard the other team's top guard.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Raleigh. He's been a starter at linebacker since his sophomore year. He's very physical, and he'll typically guard the other team's top guard.

 

Thanks for the correction. Just know his name by word of mouth. I've seen him play, he's tough.

From what I understand, Dixie is probably looking at a repeat of last year. Their big men seem to get into alot of foul trouble and their guards primarily rely on shooting 3's. Pompillo was their leader and he is gone...not sure how that will effect them. IMO flip a coin if you're looking over/under .500.

From what I understand, Dixie is probably looking at a repeat of last year. Their big men seem to get into alot of foul trouble and their guards primarily rely on shooting 3's. Pompillo was their leader and he is gone...not sure how that will effect them. IMO flip a coin if you're looking over/under .500.

 

I would have to disagree a little here. Pike will play with more control this year and may be able to stay out of foul trouble. Trammel is also an excellent penetrator and passer. You can look for him to provide leadership. I think the extra year for these guys changes their game significantly.

From what I understand, Dixie is probably looking at a repeat of last year. Their big men seem to get into alot of foul trouble and their guards primarily rely on shooting 3's. Pompillo was their leader and he is gone...not sure how that will effect them. IMO flip a coin if you're looking over/under .500.

 

I will have to agree with you. Although Dixie will look better this year, I don't expect to see them winning consistantly until next year. The 9th. region should be very strong, and I just don't think the Colonels will be deep enough yet.

Dixie needs to not do the same expected plays that the opponents expect year after year after year that the opponents prepare for.

How many boys go to Dixie? Have they ever won the 9th region?

How many boys go to Dixie? Have they ever won the 9th region?

 

I know they have won the 9th region at least once maybe back in 57'.

Dixie needs to not do the same expected plays that the opponents expect year after year after year that the opponents prepare for.

I would have to agree with you on that one. I think there needs to be some change up for a team to be successful.

Dixie needs to not do the same expected plays that the opponents expect year after year after year that the opponents prepare for.

 

If a team executes an offense and is not robotic in their running of the offense it doesn't matter if the D knows what's coming.

 

Do you think no one knew what Wooden was going to run?

If a team executes an offense and is not robotic in their running of the offense it doesn't matter if the D knows what's coming.

 

Do you think no one knew what Wooden was going to run?

 

Agreed Clyde!:thumb:

 

John Stockton and Karl Malone ran the pick and roll for 15 years. Everyone knew they were going to do it every night and yet they both are Hall of Famers.

Agreed Clyde!:thumb:

 

John Stockton and Karl Malone ran the pick and roll for 15 years. Everyone knew they were going to do it every night and yet they both are Hall of Famers.

 

 

The flip side to this is maybe it worked for 15 years because you had two hall-of-famers running it. :idunno:

If a team executes an offense and is not robotic in their running of the offense it doesn't matter if the D knows what's coming.

 

Do you think no one knew what Wooden was going to run?

 

 

Wooden had more talent than everyone else. Having better players than your opponent is the best offense I know.

The flip side to this is maybe it worked for 15 years because you had two hall-of-famers running it. :idunno:

 

Wooden had more talent than everyone else. Having better players than your opponent is the best offense I know.

 

You are correct that talent helps an offensive scheme look good.

 

However, unless the coach does not allow his players to "make basketball plays" out of the set offense it doesn't matter if you know what the scheme is.

You are correct that talent helps an offensive scheme look good.

 

However, unless the coach does not allow his players to "make basketball plays" out of the set offense it doesn't matter if you know what the scheme is.

 

I agree. Some coaches have sets that are too rigid and don't allow players to be creative and utilize their strengths.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.