Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2009/2010

Featured Replies

Trammel was at an earlier game against Scott. Dixie only had 6 players for that game. Not that familiar with their roster but I know that Trammel, Hatton and Smith were there. Pike was not there.

 

How did Dixie compete against Scott? How did Scott look?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did Dixie compete against Scott? How did Scott look?

 

Hard to say because Dixe was missing a lot of their players and Scott jumped out to a big lead early and then played a lot of players. Scott ended up winning by 15 or so but game was never really close. Other than Trammel, Hatton & Smith not sure who the other 3 players were or if they are being counted on to contribute for Dixie on the varsity level.

 

Smith from Scott was the best player on the floor and probably scored 20+ points in the game. Scott really needs Jones and Niederegger to step up to be competitive this season. Kind of know what you are going to get with Smith and O'Conner but a lot of unknowns going into season

Hard to say because Dixe was missing a lot of their players and Scott jumped out to a big lead early and then played a lot of players. Scott ended up winning by 15 or so but game was never really close. Other than Trammel, Hatton & Smith not sure who the other 3 players were or if they are being counted on to contribute for Dixie on the varsity level.

 

Smith from Scott was the best player on the floor and probably scored 20+ points in the game. Scott really needs Jones and Niederegger to step up to be competitive this season. Kind of know what you are going to get with Smith and O'Conner but a lot of unknowns going into season

 

They are going to need Smith to be able to distribute the ball. He will have to step up and play defense as well. They would seem to need to get 12 or 13 pts and 5.5 to 6 assists a game from him (which would be progressing from last season), and some other guys to step up to be able to compete like they did last year. That's asking a lot out of Smith though. I think he will be one of the leaders, if not the leader of this team. Scott may go as Smith goes. If he struggles, they may struggle. He's a good player and should be interesting to watch this season. Glad to hear he did well the other night.

Trammel was present for the game against Scott, not against Holmes. I believe someone said he had prior commitments. I don't believe as a team Dixie played well against Scott, or any of the games they have played during this camp, with the exception of the Holmes game. They lost by twenty but thought they played better as a team than any of the other games.

Dixie should be top 5 in NKY next year IMHO.

Who would you have ahead? Behind?

 

These 4 are ahead of Dixie:

 

1. Holmes

2. Highlands

3. Boone County

4. NewCath

Dixie should be top 5 in NKY next year IMHO.

 

This may be really tough to say this year. No doubt Dixie should have a descent year, but their is so much competition in the 9th. this year.

Dixie should be top 5 in NKY next year IMHO.

 

I'd have them in the 7-10 range:

 

1. Holmes

2. Highlands

3. Boone Co.

4. Ryle

5. Newcath

6. Conner

 

Top 5 is pushing it a little considering what Ryle, Newcath, and Conner all return.

I'd have them in the 7-10 range:

 

1. Holmes

2. Highlands

3. Boone Co.

4. Ryle

5. Newcath

6. Conner

 

Top 5 is pushing it a little considering what Ryle, Newcath, and Conner all return.

 

 

Feel there is some separation after top 3 with situation being same as last year with 4-12 being interchangeable.

Feel there is some separation after top 3 with situation being same as last year with 4-12 being interchangeable.

 

I agree 100% The top three teams "should" be the strongest in the region. I feel like 4 - 12 is any given game.

Feel there is some separation after top 3 with situation being same as last year with 4-12 being interchangeable.

 

I agree 100% The top three teams "should" be the strongest in the region. I feel like 4 - 12 is any given game.

 

Newcath, Ryle, and Conner are all pretty close 4-6, but I think they might be just a bit ahead of Dixie at this point. Dixie has Trammel, Pike, and Hatton, but those three while talented and somewhat experienced, are a year away from being a legit top 5 team IMO.

Newcath, Ryle, and Conner are all pretty close 4-6, but I think they might be just a bit ahead of Dixie at this point. Dixie has Trammel, Pike, and Hatton, but those three while talented and somewhat experienced, are a year away from being a legit top 5 team IMO.

 

I agree with you here. I think that the top 3 are Holmes, Highlands, and Boone County. 4-6 could be interchangeable but I would go Ryle, Conner then New Cath. I would put Scott and Dixie at 7 and 8 interchangeably, with maybe Dixie having the nod IF Trammel, Pike, and Hatton progress from last year. Without much progression, I think Dixie will struggle. All seem to be playing well this summer, but we'll have to see how that will transfer over to school ball. It is different.

I think the top three teams are set, and they are going to be too much competition for the rest of the schools. After that I say it is fair game. I think we won't get a good hold on how the rest will line up until after the season starts. I think there is alot of talent floating around northern kentucky split up among several different schools. Should be for some interesting basketball games this year.

I agree with the above post.

 

Ryle has Stauffer and Mcleish to lead the way I think. Then they have Perkins returning and Todd Vollet, who I think will make good contributions to the team this year. Vollet will surprise a few people I think. Not sure if Nichols will play, but if he does that is anothe big body.

 

Dixie has Trammel, Pike, and Hatton leading the way IMO. But, they also have a big hustle guy in Riley and Wes Smith is a big body in the paint to bang with other bigs. They should be solid.

 

Connor has Avery who I think will probably lead them in Scoring. But they have Clay Robinson in the middle who likes physical contact. They also have Tyler Hodges who is an inside/outside guy, and Jake Flesch who I think will be able to defend just about anybody at the 1 or 2 in the 9th region, plus he can score when needed. Liechty adds good hustle and defense as well.

 

Scott has Kellen Smith coming back for his junior season and he should be a big contributor and distributor. I think Scott will go as he goes. He will have the big man O'Connor in the paint as well. They will need some others to step up, but they could make a little noise.

 

NCC will be solid, because they have decent guards from what I hear and they have a very solid big man in Geisler in the post.

 

Does anyone know how Holy Cross, Campbell County, and Simon Kenton are looking. I think SK will have another down year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.