Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Landon Slone

Featured Replies

He sounded a little bothered by not being able to talk to Cal about his status. Said on the 27 news that he had only talked to an assistant.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EKU or G'Town would be his best bet. Even at those two schools, he would have trouble seeing PT.

 

You are kidding right? He would be a star at either of those schools.

[/b]

 

You are kidding right? He would be a star at either of those schools.

 

Holy cow, your joking right? If he didn't have the game of his life in Rupp against J'Town, he wouldn't have been on either of those two teams. Well maybe he would have, but as a walk on. Trevor Setty, who is much more talented than Slone, seen zero minutes and red shirted at G'Town. Slone would see about 12-16 minutes at EKU next year, but I'm not so sold on that.

What is the ruling if he transfers to another D1 school? I'm guessing since he's not on scholarship he wouldn't have to sit out.

I hate to see Landon go. I understand why, but I have followed his career somewhat since he scored 50 in Regionals as a Freshman. Wherever he goes, I hope all works out for him.

Holy cow, your joking right? If he didn't have the game of his life in Rupp against J'Town, he wouldn't have been on either of those two teams. Well maybe he would have, but as a walk on. Trevor Setty, who is much more talented than Slone, seen zero minutes and red shirted at G'Town. Slone would see about 12-16 minutes at EKU next year, but I'm not so sold on that.

 

You obviously havn't seen Landon play much, and the compairson with Trevor Setty is terrible. There was a reason he didn't play at G-Town last year and it had nothing to do with how good he was and he will be playing for Oklahoma State next year! And if Slone only played 12-16 minutes for EKU then they should look for a new coach.

I know he is from Kentucky (Slone) but Josh Carter was from Kentucky to everyone talked about him like a dog. People was saying that Carter should have gone to G-town or else where. People was talking about why Tubby wanted him because he was not D-1material. My self I think Slone is a good player but out of the 16 people left he is not close to the ball players left. If it was Miller that he was doing this to then I would be mad about it but Slone is not on the same level has Miller. Plus, Slone was really not good at D.

I think that Aaron Watts is a really good basketball player but I'm not going to get mad at Calipari if he does not go for him or want him. I think he plays a lot like Meeks, about the same size and ect. I think he is one of the best in state high school basketball players for next year.

You are kidding right? He would be a star at either of those schools.
Then why didn't Eastern make him an offer?
Then why didn't Eastern make him an offer?

 

I don't know that they didn't make him an offer. Arkansas and UK were willing to let him play for them so do you really think EKU wouldn't have been more than happy to have him. Landon decided early that if UK offered (even a walk-on role) he would be playing for them, regardless of any other offers.

I don't know that they didn't make him an offer. Arkansas and UK were willing to let him play for them so do you really think EKU wouldn't have been more than happy to have him. Landon decided early that if UK offered (even a walk-on role) he would be playing for them, regardless of any other offers.
My understanding is that Slone didn't have a Division I scholarship offer. Morehead certainly declined to make him one.
My understanding is that Slone didn't have a Division I scholarship offer. Morehead certainly declined to make him one.

 

I'm almost certain he had some D-1 offers, but with DT's history of not recruiting a lot of Kentucky boys it doesn't surprise me that MSU didn't offer him.

I'm almost certain he had some D-1 offers, but with DT's history of not recruiting a lot of Kentucky boys it doesn't surprise me that MSU didn't offer him.
Tyndall actually signed several Kentucky boys in his first year or two at Morehead ... Maze Stallworth (John Hardin) was a starter for them in the NCAA Tournament.

 

As of the 2008 state tournament, Slone didn't have a Division I scholarship offer. I don't know if he got one in the two weeks between the Sweet 16 and his acceptance of UK's walk-on offer, but as far as I know, he was never reported to have a Division I scholarship offer.

Tyndall actually signed several Kentucky boys in his first year or two at Morehead ... Maze Stallworth (John Hardin) was a starter for them in the NCAA Tournament.

 

As of the 2008 state tournament, Slone didn't have a Division I scholarship offer. I don't know if he got one in the two weeks between the Sweet 16 and his acceptance of UK's walk-on offer, but as far as I know, he was never reported to have a Division I scholarship offer.

 

I know for sure that he had a D-1 offer from Marshall and Georgetown College also offered. He was considering both schools but couldn't resist the chance to play for the Cats.

He's not going to NKU. He did some open gyms with them but isn't going to play there.

He's not going to NKU. He did some open gyms with them but isn't going to play there.

 

I would have loved to seen him and Ethan Faulkner in the same backcourt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.