May 28, 200917 yr You obviously havn't seen Landon play much, and the compairson with Trevor Setty is terrible. There was a reason he didn't play at G-Town last year and it had nothing to do with how good he was and he will be playing for Oklahoma State next year! And if Slone only played 12-16 minutes for EKU then they should look for a new coach. I actually have seen him play a lot, I believe it's you who hasn't seen him play much. How is the comparison with Setty terrible? I don't think Setty is to great either, but he's the better player between him and Landon Slone. Yeah, Landon Slone isn't anywhere close to Mike Rose's league, if you know who that is. Rose was one of the most underrated players in the COUNTRY this season, so you really think the Kentucky boy Mr. Slone would have stole minutes from him??? I don't know that they didn't make him an offer. Arkansas and UK were willing to let him play for them so do you really think EKU wouldn't have been more than happy to have him. Landon decided early that if UK offered (even a walk-on role) he would be playing for them, regardless of any other offers. I know why, because he had one good game in front of one big crowd, and that game and that crowd happened to be Rupp Arena. If Slone scored 15-18 points on J'Town that night, he would have probably signed with Pikeville College, maybe Cumberland. Dude, have you seen some of the walk on's UK has let play over the years? Please. My understanding is that Slone didn't have a Division I scholarship offer. Morehead certainly declined to make him one. That's my understanding as well. I'm almost certain he had some D-1 offers, but with DT's history of not recruiting a lot of Kentucky boys it doesn't surprise me that MSU didn't offer him. Oh gosh, as someone has already stated he has KY boys on his roster, and he got Ty Profitt from Notre Dame. I know for sure that he had a D-1 offer from Marshall and Georgetown College also offered. He was considering both schools but couldn't resist the chance to play for the Cats. No way Marshall offered him. Marshall signed Matt Walls, which is an a lot better player than Slone, and I know they didn't offer Landon. Happy might have offered him a walk on spot. Have you seen G'Town play? THOSE GUYS ARE FREAKS. Landon would be lucky to be a water boy down there.
May 29, 200917 yr I actually have seen him play a lot, I believe it's you who hasn't seen him play much. How is the comparison with Setty terrible? I don't think Setty is to great either, but he's the better player between him and Landon Slone. Yeah, Landon Slone isn't anywhere close to Mike Rose's league, if you know who that is. Rose was one of the most underrated players in the COUNTRY this season, so you really think the Kentucky boy Mr. Slone would have stole minutes from him??? I know why, because he had one good game in front of one big crowd, and that game and that crowd happened to be Rupp Arena. If Slone scored 15-18 points on J'Town that night, he would have probably signed with Pikeville College, maybe Cumberland. Dude, have you seen some of the walk on's UK has let play over the years? Please. That's my understanding as well. Oh gosh, as someone has already stated he has KY boys on his roster, and he got Ty Profitt from Notre Dame. No way Marshall offered him. Marshall signed Matt Walls, which is an a lot better player than Slone, and I know they didn't offer Landon. Happy might have offered him a walk on spot. Have you seen G'Town play? THOSE GUYS ARE FREAKS. Landon would be lucky to be a water boy down there. I really don't know what your problem is with Landon, but trust me I know a lot more about him than you think.:sssh: I know for sure he was offered by Marshall, East Tennessee State, Evansville and Georgetown College. And for your information Happy was recruiting Landon hard. He would play rings around Mike Rose. If given the chance he would have helped UK out last year.
May 29, 200917 yr I really don't know what your problem is with Landon, but trust me I know a lot more about him than you think.:sssh: I know for sure he was offered by Marshall, East Tennessee State, Evansville and Georgetown College. And for your information Happy was recruiting Landon hard. He would play rings around Mike Rose. If given the chance he would have helped UK out last year. I'm sorry. I don't care how well you know Landon, these things are just not true.
May 29, 200917 yr I had heard that Arkansas coach (Paintsville native Jon Pelphry) has shown some interst in Slone, I don't know that for sure, just had heard it. I believe there would be any number of schools that Slone could help alot. Morehead imo woud be a very good fit along with any number of schools. Landon Slone is not a bad basketball player at all, far from it. Just bc he is not a 5 star recruit/talent does not mean he can't play the game. I love his hustle,heart, desire and the way he plays the game, those things cannot be measured. Good luck to Slone wherever he may end up.
May 29, 200917 yr I'm sorry. I don't care how well you know Landon, these things are just not true. Those were just opinon the other is fact. He averaged 27 pts his senior year on a pretty good team. I mean come on he's not near as bad as some on here are making him out to be.
May 29, 200917 yr I know for sure he was offered by Marshall, East Tennessee State, Evansville.Scholarship or walk-on? He would play rings around Mike Rose.That's quite a statement, and one that's tough to defend. Obviously, the powers that be at Eastern didn't see it that way. If given the chance he would have helped UK out last year.He did, and he didn't.
May 29, 200917 yr I was speaking with a former NKU player this past weekend and he said that Coach Bezold was watching what has been occurring down in Lexington very closely. Whether that means we would go after Slone...I don't know. I think Bezold has his eye on AJ Stewart, not Landon Slone...
May 29, 200917 yr He did, and he didn't. Exactly. Slone got plenty of opportunities at Kentucky. I like the kid's attitude, but he doesn't have big-time DI talent. With that said, he could potentially end up at another D1 school based due to his 1 year at UK. If that's what he wants, I hope he gets it.
May 29, 200917 yr Scholarship or walk-on? Scholarship. I am pretty sure Marshall offered him as a walk on and I THINK East TN State offered him a scholarship too. I will find out for sure though and repost tomorrow. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.