Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari on Pat Forde

Featured Replies

And you're always whining about UK and it's fans....:idunno:

 

Sounds like a... wait for it... vendetta :sssh:

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just like all the rest of the media. Just one giant anti-UK conspiracy. :rolleyes:

 

If you don't think Pat Forde has some hate in his heart for Kentucky then you don't read his articles.

 

Mine was more of a comment aimed at LMB. He's always whining about the media having some vendetta against UK.

 

And we all know how you love to paint with such a broad brush. :thumb:

 

Forde said nothing that wasn't true... Shame on him.

 

Forde has made a living off of writing articles that portray Kentucky in a negative fashion. I don't blame him, it's easy money. But it is what it is.

After watching the interview, Forde's comments weren't too bad. It's to be expected that he's going to bring as much negative material as possible when discussing Kentucky. Personally, I thought he handled it pretty well.

 

If Forde could continue to give accurate, fairly non-biased reports about Kentucky and change his name to Ford, maybe I'd respect him as a "senior writer."

Forde has been ripping on Kentucky and Calipari since Cal was hired.

 

That is what I was going to say when I saw this thread. He didn't have a nice thing to say at all about it when they first hired him. I remember commenting on it several times back then.

I have said long before these comments that Forde is an idiot who has seriously lost his touch (if he had it to begin with).

Anyone think the last part about shifting stuff to Lexington was a shot at the ongoing Pitino/Sypher dance?

 

Forde trying to take heat off his co-author?

 

LINK

Just like all the rest of the media. Just one giant anti-UK conspiracy. :rolleyes:

 

Now you're gettin it.

Come on the same could be said for the rest of NCAA's head coaches.

 

Unless someone comes up with some solid evidence proving otherwise these are nothing more than conspiracy theories.

 

I went back and read Forde's old article on Kentucky hiring Cal and he kept mentioning that Kentucky has had major infractions in the past. He also mentioned that Calipari has ZERO major NCAA infractions. None at Memphis, and none at Umass. So what's the problem? He hasn't broken the rules yet, what makes Forde think he will now? If he can recruit to Memphis and Umass within the rules, he can do it at UK too.

 

But Forde thinks that because Kentucky has a past, Calipari was a bad hire? I guess that any coach would have been a bad hire then, considering Kentucky can't change the major infractions they committed in the past.

 

 

I'm still not sold on the allegations that Coach Cal..houn in any way cheated or was aware of any shenanigans.

Forde's relationship with Pitino and their book may have something to do with it.

At least some of the things Forde said are either unproven or he just isn't releasing anything to prove it.

 

He said he thinks WWW had something to do with Wall. I haven't heard of any connection between the two. I have heard that Clifton had a big influence on Wall, but am I missing some connection with WWW?

 

He also said that Calipari has "black marks" on his past including the vacated final 4 with Umass. That is not a black mark on Cal unless everything I've read is wrong. The NCAA cleared him of that.

Forde's relationship with Pitino and their book may have something to do with it.

 

This is what I was going to say............................"It's a Louisville thing." Come on, does anyone really think that Forde is going to say anything positive about UK given his relationship with Pitino? He tries to use the "media non-biased intellectual jargon", but in the end he is and will remain a moron. I would much rather him just admit that he doesn't give a rip about UK and that he is a fan of our 2nd University and their coach and let it go. Then, maybe I'd give him a little more credit. Jmo.

It's a reporter's job to ask questions that are on the minds of their audience. Sometimes those questions are uncomfortable.

 

In the opinion articles I have seen they have been doing more a long the lines of making statements than asking questions. I really just don't care for any of the ones I mentioned.

He definitely painted UK and Calapari in a negative light during the interview. Not harsh, but there was a negative undertone to the whole thing.

 

Sounds like MOST Cat fans until a month ago!

 

:taz:

^ I don't think so. Wanted him when they hired Gillispie.

^ I don't think so. Wanted him when they hired Gillispie.

 

Me, too. I wanted Cal or Donovan. We all know that didn't happen. According to things I've read, Cal wasn't even approached two years ago.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.