Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari on Pat Forde

Featured Replies

I don't know if Mitch was scared of him, or thought he could make a bigger name for himself if Gillispie came in and was a huge success. Probably a little of both. All I can tell you is every single person he has brought with him are as classy and nice as anyone you would ever meet.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if Mitch was scared of him, or thought he could make a bigger name for himself if Gillispie came in and was a huge success. Probably a little of both. All I can tell you is every single person he has brought with him are as classy and nice as anyone you would ever meet.

 

I like hearing this! Thanks.

Anybody else enjoying being hated on again? It is so much better than being irrelevant!:dancingpa:lol: I was listening to The Zone out of Nashville the other day and one guy was totally ripping Cal for his roster and his anticipated "firing" of players. I was laughing and enjoying the whole conversation. I'm tickled to death to be envied again!:ylsuper:

Anybody else enjoying being hated on again? It is so much better than being irrelevant!:dancingpa:lol: I was listening to The Zone out of Nashville the other day and one guy was totally ripping Cal for his roster and his anticipated "firing" of players. I was laughing and enjoying the whole conversation. I'm tickled to death to be envied again!:ylsuper:

 

Amen! I love being villian #1. It once again puts a little spring in my step to be a UK fan.

Anyone who thinks this is the first you'll hear of media v. UK in the Calipari era is just silly. Get used to it. And until something's proven, just laugh at it. Forde can take shots at Cal and Cal can take shots back at Forde.

Not a big fan of Forde but so be it.

He was out there on ESPN, which by the way just paid billions of dollars to the SEC. It was not over the top but he said some things that some think about Cal.

Anyways, you have to remember Forde was suspended for a while by the Courier-Journal for diggign a little too deeply into some Louisville stuff.

He said he had some earth-shattering stuff when he was to interview Sypher and it was much ado about nothing. He wrote a book with the Coathanger and has pretty much "shilled" to UL.

Don't forget Cal's reputation skyrocketed over the last two seasons with DDM, Rose, Final Four, Tyreke Evans and so forth. Much more of a name after the last two years and there was not much off the court stuff that hit Memphis over the last two years.

As Mike DeCoursey said he is ahead of the curve when it comes to recruiting...

Is the media against Cal and UK? Nah...they have gotten great pub and will continue to do so. Expect a Forde drive-by every now and again...roll with it.

Pat is just being Pat but after the nice article he wrote about Elliott county I will never say anything negative about him. I remember him ripping Mumme when he came to UK also!

As far as we know ...

 

And you're an ethical journalist.......as far as we know. :D

And you're an ethical journalist.......as far as we know. :D

 

I see your point, but while I may disagree with Jim on many things, I can truly say that he is a very ethical journalist. I may disagree with him on BGP, and often as I am a UK fan, but I have never known him to take cheap shots in anything he has ever written for publication. He does an excellent job as long as I have known him and that goes back several years. He always does right by the kids and coaches he has covered.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.