Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maxpreps Pre-Summer C/O 2010 100 to Watch

Featured Replies

You dont think Gwyn (SP) could play at Louisville? By play I mean a similar role to that of Knowles, come in hit a couple shots and play solid D. I could see him playing there over some of the others, but I do agree with you that there will be a lot of kids from this class going to good mid-majors and lower end schools a in BCS conferences.

 

I meant couldn't.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that Chad Jackson isn't the most athletic of the group mentioned. Congratulations to them all for making the list. Should make for exciting times next winter.

Josh Sewell should be on the list he's better than 4 of the five that are on the list...:confused:

 

I like to know what four you are reffering to? I would agree he's better than Euton, but i don't know about the other four. I know he's not better than Ricardo Johnson and Gelawan Guy'n. You could possibly make an arguement on the other two.

 

What has Josh Sewell proved? I know Johnson and Pittman are state champs and Jackson, Euton, and Guy'n only lost 3 games last year. They all are proven winners.

I'm not sure that Chad Jackson isn't the most athletic of the group mentioned. Congratulations to them all for making the list. Should make for exciting times next winter.

 

Jackson is a good player. Sewell seems to be the catalyst on his AAU team. Atleast when I have seen them play. Does anyone know, does Jackson have good leadership abilities? He has a lot of names on that Scott County team, he'll have to pull them all together next winter.

I like to know what four you are reffering to? I would agree he's better than Euton, but i don't know about the other four. I know he's not better than Ricardo Johnson and Gelawan Guy'n. You could possibly make an arguement on the other two.

 

What has Josh Sewell proved? I know Johnson and Pittman are state champs and Jackson, Euton, and Guy'n only lost 3 games last year. They all are proven winners.

 

I agree with you here. I personally think he is more skilled than Euton. Sewell has better all around game than Dakotah, even though he can flat fill it up. But I think Ricardo is possibly the best guard in the state. Pittman is also a stud inside. I havent seen much of Guyn, but most people I talk to say he's one of the best. I think you could put Sewell up there with some of the best, but i dont think he's better.

Euton is a very nice player, but IMO he is not D1 Caliber. I have no idea how he had a scholarship from a school like Kentucky, but I hope something else comes up for the kid. Best of luck to him.

I like to know what four you are reffering to? I would agree he's better than Euton, but i don't know about the other four. I know he's not better than Ricardo Johnson and Gelawan Guy'n. You could possibly make an arguement on the other two.

 

What has Josh Sewell proved? I know Johnson and Pittman are state champs and Jackson, Euton, and Guy'n only lost 3 games last year. They all are proven winners.[/QUOTE]

 

Hard to use this argument since these guys play together so the defense has to pick who they guard whereas Sewell gets the best defender every game in high school. Also, one would expect a team with 2-3 top ten players to be better.

 

I think if you look at the AAU circuit the last few years, Sewell has done as much or more than any of these guys.

I was not very impressed with Sewell last year. I watched him a couple games at the 5th/3rd tournemant. But I have seen him some this spring and he has looked very good. Now, the true test is seeing him in high school games, because AAU defense is very poor. As far as comparing him the Chad Jackson, both are very different players and its hard to make that comparison. Sewell is looking to score much more than Jackson while Jackson is the better ball handler and passer.

Are you upset that these Ky boys are getting noticed? That seems sad to me. I do wish some more guys would have gotten noticed, but its good to see those 5 get some credit.

 

I very happy and proud for the Ky. boys getting noticed. I think it is amazing that lists get put out like this when those creating the national lists have not seen all of the talent and are picking players based on what they hear. I'm not a big fan of top 100 players lists, but realize that it will be done by many sources and it can help promote the kids (which is a plus for those listed).

I agree, I wish more kids would get noticed and not just ones from great teams.

I'll be there cheering for the underdogs at the end of the year.

You dont think Gwyn (SP) could play at Louisville? By play I mean a similar role to that of Knowles, come in hit a couple shots and play solid D. I could see him playing there over some of the others, but I do agree with you that there will be a lot of kids from this class going to good mid-majors and lower end schools a in BCS conferences.

 

You make a good point Guyn may be able to do that, also I think he being a local (kentucky) kid might give him an edge being recuited by Louisville. Actually I may have made a mistake listing U of L as contenders they lost alot.

  • Author
You make a good point Guyn may be able to do that, also I think he being a local (kentucky) kid might give him an edge being recuited by Louisville. Actually I may have made a mistake listing U of L as contenders they lost alot.

 

Guyn is being heavily recruited by Western KY....they are very high on his list.

Are you upset that these Ky boys are getting noticed? That seems sad to me. I do wish some more guys would have gotten noticed, but its good to see those 5 get some credit.

 

 

:thumb::clap:

I like to know what four you are reffering to? I would agree he's better than Euton, but i don't know about the other four. I know he's not better than Ricardo Johnson and Gelawan Guy'n. You could possibly make an arguement on the other two.

 

What has Josh Sewell proved? I know Johnson and Pittman are state champs and Jackson, Euton, and Guy'n only lost 3 games last year. They all are proven winners.[/QUOTE]

 

Hard to use this argument since these guys play together so the defense has to pick who they guard whereas Sewell gets the best defender every game in high school. Also, one would expect a team with 2-3 top ten players to be better.

 

I think if you look at the AAU circuit the last few years, Sewell has done as much or more than any of these guys.

 

Hard to use this arguement with the AAU circuit, because last time I checked, Sewell plays on a loaded AAU team with 10-12 guys deep, and has been since middle school. Yes his former patriot team has accompolished alot, not saying Sewell hasn't contributed to their success, but what has he done individually, that makes you say he has done more on the AAU circuit?

 

Hard to use this arguement with the AAU circuit, because last time I checked, Sewell plays on a loaded AAU team with 10-12 guys deep, and has been since middle school. Yes his former patriot team has accompolished alot, not saying Sewell hasn't contributed to their success, but what has he done individually, that makes you say he has done more on the AAU circuit?

 

Just won state AAU last week on a team where only he and Chad Jackson are considered top 20 players in state.

  • Author

Just won state AAU last week on a team where only he and Chad Jackson are considered top 20 players in state.

 

Think about this for a second...

 

If you take Ricardo Johnson off of Holmes team this past season and replace him with Josh Sewell, do they still go 36-2 and win the state title?

 

Probably not... Ricardo Johnson is the best ALL AROUND player in the state, hands down.

 

Insert Elijah Pittman's name into the first question and answer that.

 

Again, the answer is going to be no.

 

Sewell is a solid player but if you replace any of SC's big three with him, especially Guyn or Jackson, I doubt very seriously they dominate the 11th the way they did.

 

Guyn is very smooth offensively and flat out gets after it on D.

Jackson can play the 1,2, or 3 and is probably the best rebounding POINT GUARD in the state.

Euton, while often criticized, has a great work ethic and is a double double guy night in and night out, regardless of the competition.

 

I also don't think Sewell is as consistent as any of those 5. All mean more to their team than Sewell would.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.