Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reconciling Religion and Evolution

Featured Replies

  • Replies 34
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God is directing it .

Yes. I don't think evolution is plausible without an intelligent being behind it. I think evolution without religious beliefs can not be reconciled.

Very interesting story I must say. So.............. Can religious beliefs be reconciled with scientific evidence that evolution (as it pertains to human evolution) exists??

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30826552/?GT1=43001

 

It depends upon whether you believe the purpose of the Genesis Creation Saga is to make a theological point and/or a Scientific point. If it's purpose is theological, sure, it can be reconciled. If it's purpose has to also be Scientific, that would be much more difficult to do.

Man evolved from Adam.

 

As did the word used. :thumb:

Very interesting story I must say. So.............. Can religious beliefs be reconciled with scientific evidence that evolution (as it pertains to human evolution) exists??

 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30826552/?GT1=43001

 

 

I have never understood the insistance to separate science from religion. I have never, EVER had any religious instruction that contradicted science. In fact, the science is where so many of my religous beliefs are confirmed. (ie: life begins at conception)

To paraphrase someone I heard on television not long ago, there are those who believe that The Flintstones was a documentary.

Man evolved from Adam.

 

:thumb:

The Bible says God made Adam in his image. I would like to think we still exist in the likeness of God.

To paraphrase someone I heard on television not long ago, there are those who believe that The Flintstones was a documentary.
They run the Creation Museum.
They run the Creation Museum.

 

 

:clap::clap:

They run the Creation Museum.

 

What, you don't believe in "missionary lizards?"

 

Whenever I think of those folks and the loony stuff they talk, the only image that comes to my head is of an old cartoon done by the Tom and Jerry creators about Dinosaur Dan, the first Texas outlaw, riding across the high Texas plains on his trusty dinosaur steed. And then I laugh some more.

They run the Creation Museum.

 

What, you don't believe in "missionary lizards?"

 

Whenever I think of those folks and the loony stuff they talk, the only image that comes to my head is of an old cartoon done by the Tom and Jerry creators about Dinosaur Dan, the first Texas outlaw, riding across the high Texas plains on his trusty dinosaur steed. And then I laugh some more.

 

They were probably responsible for this coloring book:

 

2h6yet5.jpg

To paraphrase someone I heard on television not long ago, there are those who believe that The Flintstones was a documentary.

 

Lewis Black?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.