Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region POY

Featured Replies

Come on Blue Magic : Give credit to Connor. You do remember Jeremie from last years region game. Covington Catholic is my alma mater; but lets be realistic.

 

I didn't say Connor was a bad player by any means. I'd love him IN the CCH lineup. For me, I do think he is the best defensive 2nd basemen, and one of the top 5 pitchers in NKY, but my honest opinion is he hasn't impressed me in the batter's box. You have your opinion, that is mine.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
but my honest opinion is he hasn't impressed me in the batter's box. You have your opinion, that is mine.

 

The reason some people find the above hard to believe is the fact that he's hitting .500 . Are you saying that's not impressive? He's lucky?

I didn't say Connor was a bad player by any means. I'd love him IN the CCH lineup. For me, I do think he is the best defensive 2nd basemen, and one of the top 5 pitchers in NKY, but my honest opinion is he hasn't impressed me in the batter's box. You have your opinion, that is mine.

 

Why? Is it his approach? Is it his swing? The type of hits he has had?

 

BTW, how games have you seen him play, because if it's 5 or less you are in no position to make that statement.

 

I will add that if we are going to make a case for a all around player (pitching, hitting, playing in the field) being POY then you must include Isler and Smith in this discussion we are having. I will look at the stats but I believe they are similar to Conner. This is fun!:dancingpa

This is fun!!!!! What is the criteria for POY? Yes Maile hits well and is a good catcher. Isler, Smith are great pitchers and hitting well, I like Connor because he's tops in alot of catagories which IMO is more of a "complete" player. Jones yes is a very good player as well. A solid case can be made for all I just hope it's not a popularity contest, there are several deserving players

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

1. Darner

2. Maile

3. Connor

4. Jones

 

This is the way I see it.. JMO..

I honestly think some players who are studs defensively should have a legit chance as well. Hitting is a very important part of the game, but there are so many players who pride themselves on defense because maybe they have a weaker bat than some of their other teammates. No errors to some players is the same as going 3-4. It's a shame that only offensive stats are looked at when awards are given out at the end of the season.

I honestly think some players who are studs defensively should have a legit chance as well. Hitting is a very important part of the game, but there are so many players who pride themselves on defense because maybe they have a weaker bat than some of their other teammates. No errors to some players is the same as going 3-4. It's a shame that only offensive stats are looked at when awards are given out at the end of the season.

 

So tell us, who are your choices for POY?

I'm not just saying for POY, I'm saying other awards as well. Hunter Jones has a great glove, and so does Luke Maile. Luckily for them, they also hit extremely well. I think if Maile and Jones were not known for hitting, they'd be known for their defense. My point is so much emphasis is put on hitting. What do you think?

I'm not just saying for POY, I'm saying other awards as well. Hunter Jones has a great glove, and so does Luke Maile. Luckily for them, they also hit extremely well. I think if Maile and Jones were not known for hitting, they'd be known for their defense. My point is so much emphasis is put on hitting. What do you think?

 

I understand and agree with what "I think" you're saying. Which is why i like Connor. He not only has a fantastic glove, he can run well, hits well and then is one of top pitcher's in the area. I like the guys for these type of awards that just do a little more.

I'm not just saying for POY, I'm saying other awards as well. Hunter Jones has a great glove, and so does Luke Maile. Luckily for them, they also hit extremely well. I think if Maile and Jones were not known for hitting, they'd be known for their defense. My point is so much emphasis is put on hitting. What do you think?

 

To me at least you have to play good "D" to be the POY.

 

Some have said on here that by Maile having Darner and Isler behind him helps him, but the amount of times he has been walked on five pitches is amazing. When you walk Maile, you are in fact saying to Darner and Isler while we don't think we can get Maile out, we can get you out, but RD has risen to the occassion now I believe something like (58) times. Now say want you want about having to pitch to RD but he still has to hit the ball to get in all those RBI's. If RD/Ice weren't hitting like they are, Maile would be walked even more times than he has been already this season.

 

I really like the Tri Player of the year award, as each young man is the player he is, because of the players around him, and while it is true of Jones doing it all himself, the quality of teams Jones competes agains has to help him increase his stats. Playing Villa twice, Dayton twice instead of playing five teams in the top ten, can't be bad for your hitting stats. Now I understand it isn't his fault, but you can't deny that it just might be a tad easier to pad Jones stats playing the teams he does than for Maile, Darner or Isler to pad theirs.

To me at least you have to play good "D" to be the POY.

 

Some have said on here that by Maile having Darner and Isler behind him helps him, but the amount of times he has been walked on five pitches is amazing. When you walk Maile, you are in fact saying to Darner and Isler while we don't think we can get Maile out, we can get you out, but RD has risen to the occassion now I believe something like (58) times. Now say want you want about having to pitch to RD but he still has to hit the ball to get in all those RBI's. If RD/Ice weren't hitting like they are, Maile would be walked even more times than he has been already this season.

 

I really like the Tri Player of the year award, as each young man is the player he is, because of the players around him, and while it is true of Jones doing it all himself, the quality of teams Jones competes agains has to help him increase his stats. Playing Villa twice, Dayton twice instead of playing five teams in the top ten, can't be bad for your hitting stats. Now I understand it isn't his fault, but you can't deny that it just might be a tad easier to pad Jones stats playing the teams he does than for Maile, Darner or Isler to pad theirs.

 

 

Here's a thought...instead of comparing apples to oranges let's compare apples to apples.....if anyone has the stats for games Jones and Maile/Isler/Darner have in common might be way of comparing. From what I see both teams have both played:

 

Highlands

Scott

NCC

Boone County

Holy Cross

Cooper and

Lloyd

 

Sorry, I don't have their hitting stats for these games but if TOG or anyone else could elaborate that would be great. Just thought this would be interesting.

Far to much work for me to do, but if you would like, all of the stats for at least the CovCath players you are asking about, are on my different threads of those games.

Far to much work for me to do, but if you would like, all of the stats for at least the CovCath players you are asking about, are on my different threads of those games.

 

OK here goes:

 

Highlands

Maile 3 PA 1 run scored 2 hits HR (#7 380)2 rbi's and 1 intentional walk

Darner 3 PA 1 hit triple and 2 rbi's (49 & 50)

Isler 3 PA 2 runs scored 1 hit double and 2 hbp

Jones 2-3, 2B

 

NCC

Jones 3-4

Maile 4 PA 1 run scored 2 hits HR (#6) 2 rbi's and 2 intentional walks

Isler 4 PA 1 hit 1 sac 1 walk and 1 fc

 

Holy Cross

Maile 4 PA 1 run scored 2 walks and 2 sb

Darner 4 PA 1 walk

Isler 4 PA 2 runs scored 2 hits HR (#3 345) and 2 rbi's

 

Lloyd

Maile 4 PA 1 run scored 3 walks (1 IW) 1 sb and reached base via E-5

Darner 4 PA 2 hits double 4 rbi's (51, 52, 53, 54)

Isler 4 PA 3 hits and 1 sb

Jones 2-2;

 

Boone County

Maile 4 PA 2 runs scored 3 hits double HR (#2 370) and 1 rbi

Darner 4 PA 2 hits 1 rbi (#32) and 1 SF

Isler 4 PA

Couldn’t find anything on Jones for this game

 

Cooper

Maile 4 PA 3 runs scored 1 rbi 1 HR (#1 330) and two walks

Darner 4 PA 3 runs scored 2 hits 7 rbi's and 2 HR (#3 370 #4 370)

Isler 4 PA 1 hit 2 rbi's and 1 double

Hunter Jones hit a 2 run homer in the 1st inning

 

it was hard finding the Bellevue stats so if there are any Bellevue people out there that would like to elaborate that would be great.

OK here goes:

 

Highlands

Maile 3 PA 1 run scored 2 hits HR (#7 380)2 rbi's and 1 intentional walk

Darner 3 PA 1 hit triple and 2 rbi's (49 & 50)

Isler 3 PA 2 runs scored 1 hit double and 2 hbp

Jones 2-3, 2B

 

NCC

Jones 3-4

Maile 4 PA 1 run scored 2 hits HR (#6) 2 rbi's and 2 intentional walks

Isler 4 PA 1 hit 1 sac 1 walk and 1 fc

 

Holy Cross

Maile 4 PA 1 run scored 2 walks and 2 sb

Darner 4 PA 1 walk

Isler 4 PA 2 runs scored 2 hits HR (#3 345) and 2 rbi's

 

Lloyd

Maile 4 PA 1 run scored 3 walks (1 IW) 1 sb and reached base via E-5

Darner 4 PA 2 hits double 4 rbi's (51, 52, 53, 54)

Isler 4 PA 3 hits and 1 sb

Jones 2-2;

 

Boone County

Maile 4 PA 2 runs scored 3 hits double HR (#2 370) and 1 rbi

Darner 4 PA 2 hits 1 rbi (#32) and 1 SF

Isler 4 PA

Couldn’t find anything on Jones for this game

 

Cooper

Maile 4 PA 3 runs scored 1 rbi 1 HR (#1 330) and two walks

Darner 4 PA 3 runs scored 2 hits 7 rbi's and 2 HR (#3 370 #4 370)

Isler 4 PA 1 hit 2 rbi's and 1 double

Hunter Jones hit a 2 run homer in the 1st inning

 

it was hard finding the Bellevue stats so if there are any Bellevue people out there that would like to elaborate that would be great.

 

So from the stats I gave out and from you telling us about Jones, seems the other teams are willing to pitch to Jones while Maile in just the games you picked out to show the stats on, has been walked 10 times with four of them being IW with Darner and Isler up behind him. So just from these stats alone, whom would you say the teams would rather pitch to and pitch around?

Darner....hands down

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.