Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region POY

Featured Replies

1 no hitter

 

One no hitter versus Newport Catholic and the other was against Holmes. Are you sure of this. Perhaps some Beechies fans could help clarify?

  • Replies 107
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One no hitter versus Newport Catholic and the other was against Holmes. Are you sure of this. Perhaps some Beechies fans could help clarify?

 

CCHlongball is correct. @nd no hitter was against Holmes last Friday night.

One no hitter versus Newport Catholic and the other was against Holmes. Are you sure of this. Perhaps some Beechies fans could help clarify?

 

The first no hitter was against Newport Catholic and the second no hitter was last Friday against Holmes on senior night.

Tri Players of the year, Darner, Isler and Maile?

 

 

 

Would be very interesting.

This allows teams to pitch around Hunter who at times gets frustrated and will chase a bad pitch

I have no dog in this fight, but this is an argument for someone saying that they should get POY? :confused:

I have no dog in this fight, but this is an argument for someone saying that they should get POY? :confused:

 

Please quote me where I said he should get POY? But should he be in the conversation? Yes he definitely deserves to be. Point being I feel like his numbers would be even better if he were on a team of CCH caliber, where it is tough to pitch around a player or two because of the great players around them. I think a great player on an average team tends to try do more to win games. My vote at this point, if I had to go with just one, would go to Maile because the numbers between him and Darner appear as though they will even out by years end and Maile has proven he can do it year end and year out. Hey I'm all for Tri POY. They all deserve it. But if we are going to have a conversation of who the best baseball player in NKY is and then you feel like Hunter Jones isn't in the conversation I would question what you are basing that on? IMO it is easier to put up big numbers when surrounded by a group of great players. Not taking any thing away from the CCH players they are all great players on a team of very good players.

I have no dog in this fight, but this is an argument for someone saying that they should get POY? :confused:

 

Please don't quote out of context:

 

"This out of a desire to contribute to his teams efforts"

 

Sounds a little different when you only quote part of what was posted.

There are plenty of kids who should be in the conversation. Smith, Brake, and Jones all deserve to be in discussion.

 

But what the three from CCH have done, [three year starters, and Maile and Isler as freshman] they are the ones I feel deserve it most.

 

If we are to go with only one player as of right now, I'd say Darner. But I think it'd be really awesome to acknowledge these three kids together, and if they ever considered doing a tri-players of the year...this is def. the year to do it.

Please quote me where I said he should get POY? But should he be in the conversation? Yes he definitely deserves to be. Point being I feel like his numbers would be even better if he were on a team of CCH caliber, where it is tough to pitch around a player or two because of the great players around them. I think a great player on an average team tends to try do more to win games. My vote at this point, if I had to go with just one, would go to Maile because the numbers between him and Darner appear as though they will even out by years end and Maile has proven he can do it year end and year out. Hey I'm all for Tri POY. They all deserve it. But if we are going to have a conversation of who the best baseball player in NKY is and then you feel like Hunter Jones isn't in the conversation I would question what you are basing that on? IMO it is easier to put up big numbers when surrounded by a group of great players. Not taking any thing away from the CCH players they are all great players on a team of very good players.

 

Please don't quote out of context:

 

"This out of a desire to contribute to his teams efforts"

 

Sounds a little different when you only quote part of what was posted.

 

My mistake, and good posts. :thumb:

While I understand your argument you may want to look at the other side before making up your mind. While CCH players see better teams Bellevue has gotten to the point where the teams they play use their best pitcher against them. The players on CCH also have team mates behind them who are very good hitters as where Hunter has some very quality players on his team (Alex Hegge who hits after him and others) but not the depth that CCH has though out the line up. This allows teams to pitch around Hunter who at times gets frustrated and will chase a bad pitch. This out of desire to contribute to his teams efforts. So while CCH players may see more top caliber teams they also see more quality pitches to hit as well. None of the kids mentioned would be a bad choice for POY just gets down to what player of year really is. Is it the player who means most to his team or is it the most talented player. Some like to judge it by team he is on and their record.

 

This is only the case when playing the Villas and Calvarys. CovCath won't throw their ace at Bellevue, and neither will Beechwood or Ryle.

 

Hunter Jones is a good player dont get me wrong, but he hasnt faced the top level of competition to be considered for POY. I think the most valuable player is Maile because by not throwing to him sets up his teammates for success. But the POY (best stats imo) should go to Darner or Isler.

  • Author

It would be serious mistake to discount Hunter Jones' ability due to his school and their competition.

It would be serious mistake to discount Hunter Jones' ability due to his school and their competition.

 

I never discounted his ability. I said I dont think should be a front runner for POY. I'd choose between Maile, Darner, or Isler. Maile and Darner have put up even if not better stats against better competition. Thats just how it goes...

May 19th!

 

Seriously, what is that date? The only thing I can think of is Graduation night. Is that when Cov-Cath graduates? What does May 19th have anything to do with POY. I guess we will have to wait until May 19th to find out.

AJ "Chuckwagon" Smith has actually thrown 2 no-hitters. The game verse NCC there was a questionable hit/error call but I thought it was an error.

Seriously, what is that date? The only thing I can think of is Graduation night. Is that when Cov-Cath graduates? What does May 19th have anything to do with POY. I guess we will have to wait until May 19th to find out.

 

 

May 19th the second day of the 35th district tournament @ CovCath :idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.