Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zach Isler signs with Cincinnati

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be pitching there. His speed on the basepaths isn't anywhere near the D1 level. His pitching is D1 level though...

 

I don't think speed is really what they look for at 1st base,his size and bat is what made him a DI recruit at this position.

Congrats to the kid. UC baseball has made tremendous strides both with facilities and level of play since joining the Big East. This isn't your father's Bearcat baseball program. He'll be playing at a high level of D-I in a BCS conference.

I don't think speed is really what they look for at 1st base,his size and bat is what made him a DI recruit at this position.

 

You have to some speed at the D1 Level and Isler just doesn't have it. They look for speed at all positions. At the corners they are looking for more power than speed. In general, from my experiences and talking to college scouts, they look for 7.1-7.3 (60 yard dashes) on the corners. The slower you are, the more bat and power they are looking for. Isler ran a 7.8 60-yard dash, to my knowledge, last year for the Kentucky Colonels. Walt Terrell and other respected coaches around including college coaches will tell you that that is just too slow for the D1 level.

 

Isler is going as a pitcher and he may be called up on to PH once in a while but other than that he will not be a position player at UC or at the D1 level.

Now I'm not getting down on Isler at all.

 

Isler is getting money to go to college and get an education and play the game he loves. Plus he gets to stay close to home where his family and friends will easily be able to come watch him each and every home game. Isler is a legit D1 pitcher and UC got a great player and person. Good luck Ice in your future ventures...

I don't think speed is really what they look for at 1st base,his size and bat is what made him a DI recruit at this position.

 

He's not playing 1st base, he's going to pitch..

Congrats to Zach and his entire family. Hopefully he puts his education first and still dominates on the bump for the Bearcats.

Congrats to the kid. UC baseball has made tremendous strides both with facilities and level of play since joining the Big East. This isn't your father's Bearcat baseball program. He'll be playing at a high level of D-I in a BCS conference.

 

Outstanding baseball facility.

Congrats!!

 

How much of a scholarship did he get?

 

More than likely it isn't a full ride as hardly anyone in baseball gets a full ride due to the limited scholarships they have. I'd say 0.5 (half) scholarship. However I do not know how much I got nor am I going to find out. Its his business and thus he can choose to release that information or not.

More than likely it isn't a full ride as hardly anyone in baseball gets a full ride due to the limited scholarships they have. I'd say 0.5 (half) scholarship. However I do not know how much I got nor am I going to find out. Its his business and thus he can choose to release that information or not.

 

Not to hijack this thread, but it's ridiculous how few scholies baseball is allowed. I forget the #'s off the top of my head, but sports like crew get more!

Not to hijack this thread, but it's ridiculous how few scholies baseball is allowed. I forget the #'s off the top of my head, but sports like crew get more!

 

11.7 in D1

Not to hijack this thread, but it's ridiculous how few scholies baseball is allowed. I forget the #'s off the top of my head, but sports like crew get more!

 

I believe that Colleges only have 11.7 Baseball Scholarships to offer to players if I'm not mistaken... Anyone like to confirm that?

 

I agree its sad that sports like Football have something in the neighborhood of like 70+ players on scholarship but its one of those things...

Congrats Zach!!!! Well deserved baseball scholly..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.