Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 90's UK Team

Featured Replies

I'll take a stab at it.

 

1 Tony Delk

2 Derek Anderson

3 Ron Mercer

4 Jamal Mashburn

5 Antoine Walker

 

2nd 5

 

1 Wayne Turner

2 Jeff Sheppard

3 Scott Padgett

4 Walter McCarty

5 Nazr Mohammed

 

3rd 5

 

1 Travis Ford

2 Anthony Epps

3 John Pelphrey

4 Heshimu Evans

5 Jared Prickett

 

 

Gosh that was hard!

 

Looks good.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PG -- Wayne Turner

SG -- Tony Delk

SF -- Jamal Mashburn

PF -- Antoine Walker

C -- Jamal Magloire

 

PG -- Travis Ford

SG -- Derek Anderson

SF -- Ron Mercer

PF -- Scott Padgett

C -- Nazr Mohammad

 

PG -- Anthony Epps

SG -- Jeff Shepherd

SF -- John Pelphrey

PF -- Walter McCarty

C -- Mark Pope

DITTO

PG: Turner

SG: Delk

SF: Mercer

PF: Mashburn

C: Svoboda

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok not Svoboda...Magloire :lol:

 

Svoboda's 3 against Florida State might have been the all time shot by a crowd favorite:ylsuper:

 

No way for me to pick 5

Here's some names I'm not seeing too much of:

 

Reggie Hanson. I would take Hanson over some on here. He was productive 6'7" player that did wonderful in Pitino's system in '90 and '91.

 

Best PG's of the era IMO:

 

Wayne Turner

Travis Ford

Sean Woods

Anthony Epps

 

in that order. Epps was clutch and great but I think the skills of the other three were just a little better. When Turner was ready to go at PG, Epps moved over to the other Guard his Senior year.

 

Rod Rhodes is not mentioned much at SF. He was a good one for three years but most remember the flame out vs. UNC and the choke vs. Arkansas.

 

Centers: Pitino never had a true center (except for Dent) until Mohammad and Magloire. They did most of their damage under Tubby in '98 and Magloire in '00. But you could slide McCarty into that hole and not lose a thing. He did well on the perimeter and okay in the post or playing defense. (ask Duncan and Camby)

 

BTW, in no way would I even mention Prickett. He rebounded well his freshman and even sophomore years but he never was much better than his first year. I think that had as much to do with Mash's presence as any other.

 

Just some random thoughts. :thumb:

I see your point, but Tony Delk must be in the top five on the all 90's UK team!

 

I see Jamal Mashburn and Tony Delk being the top two vote getters on this squad, unless the poll was conducted only east of I-75............Richie is Number 1!

 

Great point about Mashburn!:thumb: He could do it all. IMO 1 of the most underrated college players ever. But hey I admittedly am crazy about Mashburn.

PG- Wayne Turner

SG- Tony Delk

SF- Ron Mercer

PF- Jamal Mashburn

C- Jamal Magliore

Hatz I usually agree with you, but mentioning Reggie Hanson and removing Prickett makes me have to wonder. I would go with these.

PG Wayne Turner

SG Tony Delk

SF Derick Anderson

PF Jamal Mashburn

C Nazr Muhommand

1 - Anthony Epps

2 - Ron Mercer

3 - Derek Anderson

4 - Jamal Mashburn

5 - Antoine Walker

1 - Anthony Epps

2 - Ron Mercer

3 - Derek Anderson

4 - Jamal Mashburn

5 - Antoine Walker

 

No Delk??

Go small and go with:

PG: Epps

SG: Delk

SF: Mercer

PF: Mashburn

C: Walker

Bench: Turner, Anderson, Magloire, Sheppard, Padgett

  • Author

Mine would look like:

 

*PG: Anthony Epps: He will do less to hurt you than Turner. Turner was more turnover prone, but was a much better athlete and defender. I'll take more consistancy (sp) with such a star studded team.

*SG: Tony Delk: There is no other choick IMO. He was a much better athlete than given credit for and was capable of taking over a game from behind the arc. The next closest to me would have been D. Anderson, but even he was a distant second to me.

*SF: Ron Mercer: 1997 was the year of Ron. When Anderson went down we all saw exactley what Mercer was capable of and he didn't disapoint. One of the better all around players UK has had in quite some time.

*PF: Jamal Mashburn: Mashburn might be the most dominante and most important basketball player ever to wear big blue. Without Mash UK would not have stormed back to greatness in the 90's after that little Sutton thing, or at least not at the rate it did. Other options are out there, but anyone who does not take Mashburn should have their post deleted.

C: Nazi Mohammad: I took Nazi over Maglore mainly because Maglore was from Canada. I don't think there was much diffrence in the 2 honestly. Nazi was a better offensive player and Maglore the much better defensive player. Either one would have been a solid pick, and a case could be made for McCarty, but he might have been a system guy. I mean how many athletic 6'10 kids can't flourish in Pitino's system?

Mine would look like:

 

*PG: Anthony Epps: He will do less to hurt you than Turner. Turner was more turnover prone, but was a much better athlete and defender. I'll take more consistancy (sp) with such a star studded team.

*SG: Tony Delk: There is no other choick IMO. He was a much better athlete than given credit for and was capable of taking over a game from behind the arc. The next closest to me would have been D. Anderson, but even he was a distant second to me.

*SF: Ron Mercer: 1997 was the year of Ron. When Anderson went down we all saw exactley what Mercer was capable of and he didn't disapoint. One of the better all around players UK has had in quite some time.

*PF: Jamal Mashburn: Mashburn might be the most dominante and most important basketball player ever to wear big blue. Without Mash UK would not have stormed back to greatness in the 90's after that little Sutton thing, or at least not at the rate it did. Other options are out there, but anyone who does not take Mashburn should have their post deleted.

C: Nazi Mohammad: I took Nazi over Maglore mainly because Maglore was from Canada. I don't think there was much diffrence in the 2 honestly. Nazi was a better offensive player and Maglore the much better defensive player. Either one would have been a solid pick, and a case could be made for McCarty, but he might have been a system guy. I mean how many athletic 6'10 kids can't flourish in Pitino's system?

 

 

 

You sir, are truly my best friend

1 - Derek Anderson

2 - Tony Delk

3 - Ron Mercer

4 - Jamal Mashburn

5 - Antoine Walker

 

 

Big, strong , fast and can flat play.

Turner

Delk

Mercer

Mashburn

Walker

 

I just can't see an all 90's team without Wayne Turner at the point. No matter how busted that shot was he made all the plays when needed.

Hatz I usually agree with you, but mentioning Reggie Hanson and removing Prickett makes me have to wonder. I would go with these.

PG Wayne Turner

SG Tony Delk

SF Derick Anderson

PF Jamal Mashburn

C Nazr Muhommand

 

A lot of people think I'm nuts anyway. :lol:

 

If this helps any:

 

Jared Prickett scored 998 points and had 777 rebounds in his career.

He only played 2988 minutes in his four years.

 

Reggie Hanson scored 1167 points and 549 rebounds.

He only played 2700 minutes in his four years.

 

I was just never overly sold on Prickett because there was little to no progress it seemed after the first year. Not a good shot but a great rebounder.

 

To each their own. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.