April 17, 200917 yr They've still got a tough task ahead of them...navigating the SEC is never easy. But, there's no doubt who the pre-season #1 and BCS favorite is. I hope you are right.
April 29, 200917 yr Author I hope you are right. They just have to take one game at a time and show the College Nation who the number one team really is!
April 29, 200917 yr I was watching College Football Live from yesterday, and they were stating that not only does Florida return all defensive starters, but they also return everybody's backup on defense. That is amazing to think they were as good as they were last season defensively.
April 29, 200917 yr As a Gator fan I think the Gators have real good shot at being the national champs again. The SEC is without a doubt the best conference in the county so the Gators will have to earn the championship by beating the best. Hope USC can make it to the National Championship game. That is the game I would like to see though that USC should have played in the Championship game last year. Florida with the first 22 coming back on defense and Tim Tebow at QB along with the rest of the returning starters and a real good Freshman class coming in just think that the Gators will have too much for everyone else. But as always games will have to be won on the field.
April 29, 200917 yr Author As a Gator fan I think the Gators have real good shot at being the national champs again. The SEC is without a doubt the best conference in the county so the Gators will have to earn the championship by beating the best. Hope USC can make it to the National Championship game. That is the game I would like to see though that USC should have played in the Championship game last year. Florida with the first 22 coming back on defense and Tim Tebow at QB along with the rest of the returning starters and a real good Freshman class coming in just think that the Gators will have too much for everyone else. But as always games will have to be won on the field. :thumb:
April 30, 200917 yr Sometimes kids read all this great stuff about themselves and they end up gettin beat by being not ready. Not saying it will happen but if it does I wouldn't be surprised. If Bama met them in the SEC game I hope they are undefeated. I think the Cats will play with them if they can get their Offense going.
April 30, 200917 yr I think Chris Rainey will fill the shoes of Harvin nicely. Just curious, how serious was his injury in the nc game?
April 30, 200917 yr Author I think Chris Rainey will fill the shoes of Harvin nicely. Just curious, how serious was his injury in the nc game? :thumb: and I'm not sure.
April 30, 200917 yr I think Chris Rainey will fill the shoes of Harvin nicely. Just curious, how serious was his injury in the nc game? I'm pretty sure that he will be fine for the season. Look for the Harvin role to be filled by committee with Rainey, Demps, James and frosh Andre DeBose to pick up the slack. Meyer thinks that DeBose is the best incoming frosh in America. Make no mistake about it though, they have NO Percy Harvin, which can only be a good thing for the rest of the SEC. Hernandez is the player to watch, I told Big Spikes that when overrated Cornelius Ingram got hurt in preseason. Hernandez didn't get a lot of respect last year, but he will break out this year.
April 30, 200917 yr They're still loaded with talent and speed, but I suspect they'll miss Harvin. Just being fast doesn't make a player a gamebreaker like Harvin...he was the total package with a rare ability to make big plays. I doubt they have another guy that good on the roster.
April 30, 200917 yr To be honest, I think UF is the team to beat and I think they will win another National Championship on January 7, 2010 in Pasadena. They have a solid schedule and there will be some tough games in the regular season: On the road against LSU on October 10th, I think LSU will be vastly better this season, the running game will be solid and the Quarterback situation should be solved as Jordan Jefferson should be the #1 guy when the season start. Look for the defense to be solid again and the freshman class to make an instant impact. Also, I don't think this year's trip to Lexington will be as easy as some would assume, I think that Kentucky should be solid and healthy on D and if the quarterback situation gets solved, then the Wildcats should be tough as well. Arkansas will be much better this season, Bobby Petrino is a good developer of quarterbacks and Ryan Mallett will be good next season in Arkansas also, the Razorbacks have the best running back in the SEC in Michael Smith. They are also returning one of the most underrated defensive players in the SEC in the beast of a Linebacker, Freddie Fairchild. The offense won't be able to put up 50 a game like they did last season, but I don't think anyone was expecting them to, they aren't just losing Percy Harvin, but their best possession receiver in Louis Murphy. They are going to have to fill the void that Harvin left and I don't know if freshman Andre DeBose has the breakout speed to be able to run the counters, traps and scissors plays that Percy Harvin ran so effectively. The running game will be solid though, Jeffrey Demps will still get the garbage carries and get absolutely beaten up again, his world class speed outshines his toughness IMO. Chris Rainey, Brandon James and Emmanuel Moody will also contribute to the running and passing game. The Gators have some solid receivers coming back: Carl Moore was the #1 JUCO receiver last year, David Nelson and Riley Cooper made some big catches down the stretch and Deonte Thompson should be healthy and ready to explode and prove that the 5 star rating he had coming out of high school was well deserved. Also, for all of those that think that Cornelius Ingram was one of the better Tight Ends in the country, Aaron Hernandez is a man and will be an All-American next season IMO. The Gators also have two future first round picks in the Pouncey twins: Center Markuice and Guard Mike, along with 5 star OL Xavier Nixon, Carl Johnson and Matt Patchan, Florida should have a solid Offensive Line for a second straight season to protect Quarterback Tim Tebow. Oh yeah, Tim Tebow. He isn't the best quarterback in the country, Sam Bradford is a more polished passer and he isn't as good running the football as Virginia Tech's Tyrod Taylor, Texas' Colt McCoy, Ohio State's Terrelle Pryor or even Oregon's Jeremiah Massoli. But he is one of the best players in the country; as I've said, he's not the most polished passer or accomplished runner, but Tebow just knows how to flat out win. He was a major contributor to a National Championship Team in 2006, led the 2007 team to 9 wins and then he made so many plays during last season that led Florida to their second National Championship in three season. Tebow's intensity and leadership will be what people remember him for during his time at Florida. The Gators' Defense should be the rock of the team this season and will have the best defensive unit in the country. They are solid up front with potential first round picks in Defensive Tackle Lawrence Marsh and speedy Defensive End Carlos Dunlap. The linebacking corps is lead by Brandon Spikes, who in my opinion is the best player in the country on either side of the ball, they are amazingly deep at the linebacker position; Lorenzo Edwards, Ryan Stamper, AJ Jones, Dustin Doe and Brandon Hicks would see starting time at the majority of the other 118 D1 schools and throw in two 5 star linebacker recruits in Jelani Jenkins and Jon Bostic and you have one of the deepest linebacking corps in the country. My only problem on defense would be the secondary, I think corners Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins have solid seasons and safeties Ahmad Black and Major Wright are both ball hawks and Black is very solid in coverage. The one suggestion I would make is to beef Major Wright up and move him to an outside linebacker and start Will Hill opposite Black. Hill is a more sure tackler and better in coverage than Wright, who tends to go for the big time hit instead of going for the ball. Also, Florida has an exceptional group of special teams players; Brandon James is the best punt return specialist in the country and is a threat to take it the distance every time he returns a punt, punter Chas Henry is one of the better punters in the country, Kicker Jonathan Phillips received a sixth year of eligibility and will return for the 2009-2010 and hope to build on an outstanding 2008-2009 campaign that saw him miss only 1 field goal and 1 extra point. All-in-all, I look for the Gators to run the table for the first time in their school's history and win their third national championship in four years. GO GATORS
May 1, 200917 yr To be honest, I think UF is the team to beat and I think they will win another National Championship on January 7, 2010 in Pasadena. They have a solid schedule and there will be some tough games in the regular season: On the road against LSU on October 10th, I think LSU will be vastly better this season, the running game will be solid and the Quarterback situation should be solved as Jordan Jefferson should be the #1 guy when the season start. Look for the defense to be solid again and the freshman class to make an instant impact. Also, I don't think this year's trip to Lexington will be as easy as some would assume, I think that Kentucky should be solid and healthy on D and if the quarterback situation gets solved, then the Wildcats should be tough as well. Arkansas will be much better this season, Bobby Petrino is a good developer of quarterbacks and Ryan Mallett will be good next season in Arkansas also, the Razorbacks have the best running back in the SEC in Michael Smith. They are also returning one of the most underrated defensive players in the SEC in the beast of a Linebacker, Freddie Fairchild. The offense won't be able to put up 50 a game like they did last season, but I don't think anyone was expecting them to, they aren't just losing Percy Harvin, but their best possession receiver in Louis Murphy. They are going to have to fill the void that Harvin left and I don't know if freshman Andre DeBose has the breakout speed to be able to run the counters, traps and scissors plays that Percy Harvin ran so effectively. The running game will be solid though, Jeffrey Demps will still get the garbage carries and get absolutely beaten up again, his world class speed outshines his toughness IMO. Chris Rainey, Brandon James and Emmanuel Moody will also contribute to the running and passing game. The Gators have some solid receivers coming back: Carl Moore was the #1 JUCO receiver last year, David Nelson and Riley Cooper made some big catches down the stretch and Deonte Thompson should be healthy and ready to explode and prove that the 5 star rating he had coming out of high school was well deserved. Also, for all of those that think that Cornelius Ingram was one of the better Tight Ends in the country, Aaron Hernandez is a man and will be an All-American next season IMO. The Gators also have two future first round picks in the Pouncey twins: Center Markuice and Guard Mike, along with 5 star OL Xavier Nixon, Carl Johnson and Matt Patchan, Florida should have a solid Offensive Line for a second straight season to protect Quarterback Tim Tebow. Oh yeah, Tim Tebow. He isn't the best quarterback in the country, Sam Bradford is a more polished passer and he isn't as good running the football as Virginia Tech's Tyrod Taylor, Texas' Colt McCoy, Ohio State's Terrelle Pryor or even Oregon's Jeremiah Massoli. But he is one of the best players in the country; as I've said, he's not the most polished passer or accomplished runner, but Tebow just knows how to flat out win. He was a major contributor to a National Championship Team in 2006, led the 2007 team to 9 wins and then he made so many plays during last season that led Florida to their second National Championship in three season. Tebow's intensity and leadership will be what people remember him for during his time at Florida. The Gators' Defense should be the rock of the team this season and will have the best defensive unit in the country. They are solid up front with potential first round picks in Defensive Tackle Lawrence Marsh and speedy Defensive End Carlos Dunlap. The linebacking corps is lead by Brandon Spikes, who in my opinion is the best player in the country on either side of the ball, they are amazingly deep at the linebacker position; Lorenzo Edwards, Ryan Stamper, AJ Jones, Dustin Doe and Brandon Hicks would see starting time at the majority of the other 118 D1 schools and throw in two 5 star linebacker recruits in Jelani Jenkins and Jon Bostic and you have one of the deepest linebacking corps in the country. My only problem on defense would be the secondary, I think corners Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins have solid seasons and safeties Ahmad Black and Major Wright are both ball hawks and Black is very solid in coverage. The one suggestion I would make is to beef Major Wright up and move him to an outside linebacker and start Will Hill opposite Black. Hill is a more sure tackler and better in coverage than Wright, who tends to go for the big time hit instead of going for the ball. Also, Florida has an exceptional group of special teams players; Brandon James is the best punt return specialist in the country and is a threat to take it the distance every time he returns a punt, punter Chas Henry is one of the better punters in the country, Kicker Jonathan Phillips received a sixth year of eligibility and will return for the 2009-2010 and hope to build on an outstanding 2008-2009 campaign that saw him miss only 1 field goal and 1 extra point. All-in-all, I look for the Gators to run the table for the first time in their school's history and win their third national championship in four years. GO GATORS You had me until you said these (LB) guys were deep. The LB core for the Gators is weak outside of Spikes. Jenkins and Bostic will be studs, but the rest of the guys don't do much. Trust me, I had to watch the Gators enough to have made a decent analysis. Also, James role has decreased. Teams don't kick to him. But, to be fair I think UF blocks about a kick a game. I agree that my boy Aaron Hernandez will be an All-American, but it will be 2nd team though. Gresham would have to get hurt. All in all UF should run the table and win the title. History suggest that won't happen though, am I right BSPikes?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.