Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson to the NBA Draft

Featured Replies

Didn't mean to imply that it was affiliated with the NBA.

 

I believe you're correct that it's not an NBA site.

 

I meant that the "scouts" who write the reports aren't affiliated with UK. I'd imagine that they're some type of scout, though.

 

I looked at the about us section and it said they get their info. from their own scouts, and NBA scouts that they speak with....

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I looked at the about us section and it said they get their info. from their own scouts, and NBA scouts that they speak with....

 

Cool, thanks. :thumb:

 

I googled the guy who wrote that article, and it appears he's "The Program Director for Cyprus" (whatever that is?) and an international scout for NBAdraft.net

Patterson is nowhere near the lottery, IMO. He would likely be chosen in the 16-25 range

 

Is it really accurate to say he's nowhere near the lottery, then say it's likely he'll be chosen as early as 16th, only 2 spots out of the lottery?

 

 

FWIW, I tend to agree with you on where he'd be selected; however, to say he's nowhere near a lottery pick is inaccurate.

I was measured last week and I was 6' 3.5"...I met him camping out for Big Blue Madness last year and he is NOT 6'8"! I'd say with shoes hes maybe 6'7".

 

For him to be good at the next level he needs to be able to step out a little farther on his jumpshot. Although he does have about a 7" wingspan which goes into his favor.

Undersized PF with limited range. I bet those GM's are licking their chops. Either that or looking for new jobs.

 

I totally agree with you!

I'm just stating what a former UK player told me about two weeks ago.

I love Patrick Patterson but I truly don't think he is ready. What I hope is that he is just doing a "trial run" if you will. Next couple years he may be ready, but I truly think he should come back for a year. Great player though.

I really hope Patterson pulls a Tyler Hansbourgh. :D

Patrick is testing the waters as he should. Personally, I hope he comes back.

OK, any way of knowing for sure?

 

He's between 6"7 and 6"8. It doesn't matter though- even if he was 6"9, and keep in mind that I love Patterson, he doesn't have the mid-range jumper to be a lottery pick this year.

Patterson could benefit largely from playing in Coach Cal's offense for a season, but the draft class is so weak this year that I can see him going somewhere in the middle of the 1st round or even higher with a solid workout. I hope he comes back to UK next year, but I have strange feeling that we might have seen our last of P. Pat in Kentucky Blue.

Patterson shouldn't leave, not because I'm a die hard UK fan that thinks next season's future, but because he's not ready to play in the NBA. He's a 6-7 center with a limited offensive skill set, maybe if he comes back Cal can work on him developing a mid range game and a 3 point shot.

....well, I am 6'2 solid, and I have stood next to him, I bet many on here haven't.

 

I have plenty of times. He Is legit 6'8, College adds a inch so he becomes 6'9.:thumb:

Patterson shouldn't leave, not because I'm a die hard UK fan that thinks next season's future, but because he's not ready to play in the NBA. He's a 6-7 center with a limited offensive skill set, maybe if he comes back Cal can work on him developing a mid range game and a 3 point shot.

 

I heard Cal say "If Pat Stays, he will be a top 5 pick next year. Jodie will be a lottery pick."

I don't think it would be in Kentucky's best interest at all.

 

I agree. You don't want a proven commodity to leave to make room for potential. I think they are both playing it smart, and who can blame them. I think they both come back, but IMHO, in Calipari's system, Patterson comes out and gets drafted next year as does Meeks after graduation. If you aren't a sure fire first rounder, you come back. There is no guaranteed money after the first round.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.