Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson to the NBA Draft

Featured Replies

Potential is the key word. From the people I have talked to, he would need to do really well during the summer workouts to make the lottery, or some people take their names out. Sizes is an issue for Pat. It's safe to say he is a guaranteed first-rounder, but I expect him to come back, work on his ball-handling and facing the basket, and then become lottery next year.

 

Is it true he's only 6'6.5?

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only Kentucky fan who thinks it may actually be in Kentucky's best interest to have Meeks & Patterson stay in the draft?

 

They're experienced players & obviously both are very talented. But them going pro would make it much easier for guys like John Wall, Xavier & CJ Henry, Nolan Dennis, etc. etc. to come to Lexington.

 

FWIW, I hope they both return. But the thought has crossed my mind...

  • Author
Am I the only Kentucky fan who thinks it may actually be in Kentucky's best interest to have Meeks & Patterson stay in the draft?

 

They're experienced players & obviously both are very talented. But them going pro would make it much easier for guys like John Wall, Xavier & CJ Henry, Nolan Dennis, etc. etc. to come to Lexington.

 

FWIW, I hope they both return. But the thought has crossed my mind...

 

I don't think it would be in Kentucky's best interest at all.

Am I the only Kentucky fan who thinks it may actually be in Kentucky's best interest to have Meeks & Patterson stay in the draft?

 

They're experienced players & obviously both are very talented. But them going pro would make it much easier for guys like John Wall, Xavier & CJ Henry, Nolan Dennis, etc. etc. to come to Lexington.

 

FWIW, I hope they both return. But the thought has crossed my mind...

 

I doubt that 5 frosh would make the final 4. Or even 4 and 1 junior or sophomore. But Meeks, Patterson, Wall, Henry, and Cousins as starters w/ Hood, Miller, and Pilgrim off the bench would have a chance.

I don't think it would be in Kentucky's best interest at all.

 

I'm not talking about for next season. I'm speaking down the road.

 

If we can land Dennis, the Henry brothers, and Wall, I think it will quickly heal the losses of Meeks & Patterson.

 

I'd like to reiterate that I hope both Jodie & PatPat return. There's no doubt that we'll be a much better team with them next year.

I'm not a UK fan and I agree it is in both UK's best interest and their own best interest that they come back.

 

I think most of those guys, Wall and the Henry brothers are coming regardless of what Meeks and PP do. Dennis isn't needed if Wall and the Henry brothers come. JMO.

I'm not talking about for next season. I'm speaking down the road.

 

If we can land Dennis, the Henry brothers, and Wall, I think it will quickly heal the losses of Meeks & Patterson.

 

I'd like to reiterate that I hope both Jodie & PatPat return. There's no doubt that we'll be a much better team with them next year.

 

I think that if he gets to a final four in his first year there and they were in the NIT this year and he uses 4-5 new recruits to do it the future will never look brighter. If Meeks and Patterson graduate, and I've heard that Patterson could after only 3 years, and Miller and Hood graduate they're good enough at the wing for the next 2-3 years after that. Plus he will for sure add talent.

Potential is the key word. From the people I have talked to, he would need to do really well during the summer workouts to make the lottery, or some people take their names out. Sizes is an issue for Pat. It's safe to say he is a guaranteed first-rounder, but I expect him to come back, work on his ball-handling and facing the basket, and then become lottery next year.

 

I hope you are right! I really think Meeks will be back, and I'd love to see Patterson join him!

Everyone knew this was going to happen.

 

He'll be told he's a mid-late first rounder just like about 30 other guys....He will be back, I'm almost positive of that.

I'm not talking about for next season. I'm speaking down the road.

 

If we can land Dennis, the Henry brothers, and Wall, I think it will quickly heal the losses of Meeks & Patterson.

 

I'd like to reiterate that I hope both Jodie & PatPat return. There's no doubt that we'll be a much better team with them next year.

 

How would it benefit them though? Yeah those guys my definitely come then, but next years team will be good, but not as good as they would be with Meeks and PP still here. Then I mean Wall, Henry, and Cousins all probably have a good shot to go pro after just one year. So it would probably not be in UK best interest at all.

I think both PP and Meeks could improve their status by coming back.

 

However if they decide to go, I can't blame them.

^You could definitely blame Meeks IMO. No way he sniffs the 1st round. At least with Patterson there is a decent chance.

^You could definitely blame Meeks IMO. No way he sniffs the 1st round. At least with Patterson there is a decent chance.

 

It's his choice to make and if he goes, knowing that he'll be a 2nd rounder, I can't blame him. It is his right to do that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.