Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari picks three staff members

Featured Replies

UK coach John Calipari has hired three assistants: John Robic, Rod Strickland and Orlando Antiqua. They worked with Calipari in Memphis.

 

All three attended a 45-minute practice Wednesday.

 

Robic and Calipari worked together on Larry Brown's staff at Kansas, then at Massachusetts and Memphis. Like Calipari, Robic grew up in the Pittsburgh area.

 

Orlando Antigua is a former Pittsburgh player who went to Memphis after spending the last five seasons on his alma mater's staff.

 

http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/755024.html

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Orlando Antiqua playing for Pittsburgh when they beat Kentucky.

 

I am wanting to say he was on the team that beat Kentucky at Rupp Arena in the UKIT, but he may have played on the Pitt team that beat Kentucky with Vonteego Cummings in Puerto Rico.

  • Author
And now its complete.

 

There is still one assistant coaching position left open. Prolly will be someone with Kentucky ties.

Is Scott Padgett next?

 

Can't wait for Wireman or SSF to fill us in. :D

The Rod Strickland?

 

I was thinking the same thing and would love to know.

Is Scott Padgett next?

 

Can't wait for Wireman or SSF to fill us in. :D

 

I doubt it will be Padgett, but what do I know? :sssh:

The Rod Strickland?

 

Yes, the NBA player Rod Strickland.

The Rod Strickland?

 

Yes...it is the Rod Strickland who played in the NBA. I believe with the Blazers for quite a while. I watched a report about him coaching with Calipari a couple of weeks ago. Supposively he is a pretty strong coach and Calipari seems to believe that he will make a name for himself on the coaching level someday.

Yes...it is the Rod Strickland who played in the NBA. I believe with the Blazers for quite a while. I watched a report about him coaching with Calipari a couple of weeks ago. Supposively he is a pretty strong coach and Calipari seems to believe that he will make a name for himself on the coaching level someday.

 

Rod also still carries quite a bit of clout in New York City, which helps when recruiting rolls around.

Is Scott Padgett next?

 

Can't wait for Wireman or SSF to fill us in. :D

 

:laugh: I'm sure his sourses have told him something...

I saw Coach Cal walking near the library today at around 5:45 with a crew of about 8 guys.

I like having an NBA guy on the staff like that. It gives them a face they maybe saw on TV at one time and they can relate too trying to get to that level.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.