Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How quickly opinions change on Calipari.

Featured Replies

I didn't say anything about him but once again and loving people trying to find a bad angle on Cal and UK! :popcorn:

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't find the confused smilie ...

 

 

This one pretty much works for anything I post...:ohbrother: LOL

I didn't participate in the Calipari bashing :D.

 

Same here 20. :thumb:

Just to point out something I thing should be obvious:

 

UNC/NC-Huge Rivals

UL/UK-Huge Rivals

UK/Memphis-Not so much....:idunno:

 

 

I'd like a do-over. :D

 

UNC-no idea, not being a UNC fan.

UL/UK Huge rivals

UK/Memphis-not even rivals.

 

 

I apologize for the dunderheaded post before. Just put it down to general stupidity.

I'd like a do-over. :D

 

UNC-no idea, not being a UNC fan.

UL/UK Huge rivals

UK/Memphis-not even rivals.

 

 

I apologize for the dunderheaded post before. Just put it down to general stupidity.

 

What does being a rival have to do with anything about what I said?

 

I don't like/criticize several coaches and players that are not rivals with any of the teams I support. If I am missing a point please point it out to me.

I'd like a do-over. :D

 

UNC-no idea, not being a UNC fan.

UL/UK Huge rivals

UK/Memphis-not even rivals.

 

 

I apologize for the dunderheaded post before. Just put it down to general stupidity.

 

Ummm ... Duke? :lol:

Ummm ... Duke? :lol:

 

 

See...dunderhead...that's me. :p Plus, I was mainly trying to point out that rivals generally want to dislike the others' coaches. I know for me, as a UL fan, I'm generally ambivilant about coaches of teams that we never or rarely play. So, I'm having trouble making the connection between UL fans hating Rick Pitino when he was at Kentucky, or Cats fans hating Pitino now that he's at UL, and Cats fans hating Calipari when he was at Memphis.

See...dunderhead...that's me. :p Plus, I was mainly trying to point out that rivals generally want to dislike the others' coaches. I know for me, as a UL fan, I'm generally ambivilant about coaches of teams that we never or rarely play. So, I'm having trouble making the connection between UL fans hating Rick Pitino when he was at Kentucky, or Cats fans hating Pitino now that he's at UL, and Cats fans hating Calipari when he was at Memphis.
I'll never understand why so many Kentucky fans that thought Pitino walked on water 15 years ago now hate his guts.

 

Of course, they are probably the Kentucky fans that conjure up mythical rivalries with the likes of Duke and North Carolina.

I admit some of my post and comments on that one.....guilty as charged.

I will still stand by my claims of Bill Self being a better coach than Cal. I mean, Memphis lost a 9 point lead with 2 min. to go in the championship game, to me all that can be is coaching. I do think that Cal is a good coach, he has proven that. As for my "snake in the grass" comment I would think that was based on his UMass days and still leary of him. I hope that (NCAA trouble) part of his coaching days are over now and I (as I posted on other Cal threads lately) will give him the benifit of the doubt.

I am a U.K. fan, always have been and always will be. Calapri is our coach and I support him.:thumb:

Funny stuff...:popcorn:

 

I can't believe I didn't get in on that bashing. As a UofL fan I've always hate Memphis, and anything associated with their program. Including Coach Cal, he was easily my least favorite CUSA coach back in the day. I've always disliked Memphis much more than UK, as far as rivals go.

I've got Lville friends that don't like Pitino because they say he can't coach a half court set when he has too. Watching the Mich St game and past games there is some validity. To me Cal+Pitino are GREAT recruiters for their systems. Guys like Majeris was a great X+O's coach. Great players make great coaches!

This thread is pretty funny.

Where's the smiley eating crow?

I have always loved the way Calipari coached and handled his players. I admitt some of his dealings have been shady at other colleges (cough Camby issue cough cough) but he did nothing wrong at Memphis so in my book he has cleaned his image to me.

Funny stuff...:popcorn:

 

I can't believe I didn't get in on that bashing. As a UofL fan I've always hate Memphis, and anything associated with their program. Including Coach Cal, he was easily my least favorite CUSA coach back in the day. I've always disliked Memphis much more than UK, as far as rivals go.

 

I'll bet you really liked Dana Kirk. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.