Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How quickly opinions change on Calipari.

Featured Replies

Boondock Saint is a UofL student and fan, but the rest are guilty of flip-flopping.

He's a guy that is easy to hate when he's for an opposing team, but it's easy to love him when he's on your side. If that is flip-flopping, then I am guilty as charged.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be fair also, it was after Memphis blew a nine point lead with two minutes to go... a perfect time to bash a coach.

How did North Carolina fans feel about Roy Williams before he came to UNC?

 

How did Louisville fans feel about Pitino while he was at Kentucky?

 

:popcorn:

 

:thumb: Very good questions. :D

Wow harsh words... AverageJoesGym said he hopes Cal never wins another game. I hope he is not a UK fan.

Seeing that I rarely say anything negative about anyone, put me down as a big UK fan that loves the hire, and have always thought highly of Coach Cal.

:thumb:

I'll never understand why so many Kentucky fans that thought Pitino walked on water 15 years ago now hate his guts.

 

I loved Pitino's coaching when he was at U.K., I didn't like his personality then and still don't. I still believe that Pitino is a good coach, I don't see how anyone that claims to know the first thing about basketball could say otherwise. Rick Pitino is a great coach.

 

Now, as for your question on why U.K. fans that once loved him now cannot stand him? Look at where he is coaching :idunno: Hello!......:D.

I gave credit and congrats this season to the BGP/U.L fans on the season that your team had. U.L. deserved the #1 ranking and seed imo :thumb:. A great season ended when T. Izzo took Pitino to school in the regional final. Izzo does that to alot of people.

 

Back to the question........I personally will never be a U.L. fan in any way, shape or form. I consider U.L., U.T., Fla.,I.U. huge rivals (not Duke). So, for the most part anything to do with these schools, especially U.L. or U.T. I am not going to like so that would be my answer/explanation to your question. So, it is not necessarily R. Pitino, it is where he is coaching at.

Good for me. I would like to clarify, for the record, that I am now a fan of Calipari. And, I still think he's a great coach.

 

:D

Calipari won me over at the press conference, however, IMO he has yet to win the big game, he has been to the Final Four twice his whole career. He has had great recruits which he used to dominate the A-10 and Conference USA. He is a great recruiter and not a great in game coach. The question is, can he continue to win the way he always has on a much bigger stage with much higher stakes? I don't think he can, but we shall see.

 

I am a Duke fan, but I wish Calipari and the Cats well, even if you guys get John Wall. I think he will make basketball exciting again in the state of Kentucky. I also think all people who wishes UK had more in state recruits might as well forget about that happening. He's probably not going to look in this state for the recruits that he needs, but I guess we shall see about that one too. The 2010 class is loaded with talent.

I'll bet you really liked Dana Kirk. :D

 

I think Kirk graduated 5 players the entire time he was at Memphis State. For the record, I didn't like Larry Finch either.:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.