April 2, 200917 yr "Mom and Dad, I'd like you to meet the woman I'm going to marry." "Tell us about her, son." "Well, she has no jail record. I've had her tested for STDs and she came back clean. I even had her checked TWICE! I called all of her former teachers to make sure she never cheated on any tests. I asked her former neighbors if she ever threw rocks at their dogs. I verified that her breasts are real." "Uh huh." Not so much worried about that!
April 2, 200917 yr Never thought nothing of it honestly...what Mitch said. Also mentioned graduation rates... I think from MB's perspective or the administrations perspective, they are showing up front that this hire was vetted much more at length than the previous one. The powers that be were stung hard by their handling of the last hire and to an extent rightfully so. The supposed "air of impropriety" is out there and you have Pat Forde and such saying things.. I think you lay it out there...as to show you are not hiding everything. Mike D is a little perturbed that his good friend TOm Crean didnt get a call last time when he openly promoted him for the job two years ago. This year he was promoting Jeff Capel. Nothing wrong...still one of the best in the biz. I agree LABS, I feel like Barnhart wanted to silence any naysayers who thought that graduation rates and compliance with recruiting would be a problem. Also just wanted to show everyone how in depth they went into their search.
April 2, 200917 yr "Mom and Dad, I'd like you to meet the woman I'm going to marry." "Tell us about her, son." "Well, she has no jail record. I've had her tested for STDs and she came back clean. I even had her checked TWICE! I called all of her former teachers to make sure she never cheated on any tests. I asked her former neighbors if she ever threw rocks at their dogs. I verified that her breasts are real." "Uh huh." :laugh:
April 2, 200917 yr The criticisms of the press conference belong being placed in the "Nattering nabobs of negativity" file. You people really surprise me.
April 2, 200917 yr I don't understand Woodsider's dislike of Mitch either.Barnhart has done a good job, especially with the so-called minor sports. On the other hand, I've heard of several instances in which Barnhart has been pretty haughty with people and rubbed some the wrong way.
April 2, 200917 yr Barnhart has done a good job, especially with the so-called minor sports. On the other hand, I've heard of several instances in which Barnhart has been pretty haughty with people and rubbed some the wrong way. I am sure he has rubbed some the wrong way. I think outside of the BCG hire, which he has admitted he made a mistake on, he has done a very good job.
April 2, 200917 yr Barnhart has done a good job, especially with the so-called minor sports. On the other hand, I've heard of several instances in which Barnhart has been pretty haughty with people and rubbed some the wrong way. Do you know any successful person that has never been haughty at some point in his life or never rubbed some people the wrong way? Honestly? I don't. Geez. The last perfect person they crucified. Let's get real here and stop the silliness. Barnhart thought it was important to discuss those matters. Others don't. Big blooming deal.
April 2, 200917 yr I think Barnhart was smart to be proactive and address it, given UK's history of NCAA trouble. But I agree with DeCourcy that it should have been buried deeper in the presser, and not hammered on to that degree.
April 2, 200917 yr Author The criticisms of the press conference belong being placed in the "Nattering nabobs of negativity" file. You people really surprise me. You know you can't hurt my feelings so feel free to aim that directly at me. Besides, a lot of these posters won't get your reference anyway.:laugh:
April 2, 200917 yr You know you can't hurt my feelings so feel free to aim that directly at me. Besides, a lot of these posters won't get your reference anyway.:laugh: Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, particularly your's my friend. I think folks are just getting a little bit silly in their criticisms. I'd think with the current economy people would have bigger problems to worry about than what Barnhart said in press conference. Perhaps not. Maybe the economy has turned around after all.
April 2, 200917 yr Author Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, particularly your's my friend. I think folks are just getting a little bit silly in their criticisms. I'd think with the current economy people would have bigger problems to worry about than what Barnhart said in press conference. Perhaps not. Maybe the economy has turned around after all. If the current economy is the bar would we ever post anything on BGP outside of the P/R forum?
April 2, 200917 yr To me, it wasn't so much what Mitch said as how he said it. He looked like either a whipped pup or a little boy just coming back from the woodshed. I'm talking tone of voice, body language, etc.:eyeonyou: I love the hire! I would have been happy with Cal when Tubby was hired.:clap:
April 2, 200917 yr If the current economy is the bar would we ever post anything on BGP outside of the P/R forum? Sure we would. We just wouldn't be complaining about minor, insignificant things like this issue; rather it would be stuff like CovCath's former football coach or the Park Hills Mafia.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.