Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orton or Cousins?

Featured Replies

Cousins is the much better prospect, and will likely be one and done. Orton is going to take at least a year IMO, and will likely be around for at least 3 seasons...

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOTH! Please!

I like having to make decisions like this after the ones we have made for the last 4 years!

Ya know, the great thing is going to be that we will be in a position to have our pick of these type of players now...

Ya know, the great thing is going to be that we will be in a position to have our pick of these type of players now...

 

Agreed, been a long time since we have had an argument over which 5 star player we would like to have more. That being said, Orton seems like a player that will stick around more than one year, but Cousins is an instant impact player that will have us competing for Indianapolis next year!

Personally I'd rather have Wall than Cousins as we are in a desperate need of a PG to run the team. I'll tak any extremely good PG right now over Cousins as we do have Orton coming in as it is. But I guess its not too greedy to ask for both!:D

I say let's give it some time. I don't like jumping to conclusions like this just because we get a new coach...we did the same thing when we got BCG and we all saw how that worked out.......

I say let's give it some time. I don't like jumping to conclusions like this just because we get a new coach...we did the same thing when we got BCG and we all saw how that worked out.......

 

But if we give it time, what will all of us computer nerds have to talk about until that time comes? Lol

But if we give it time, what will all of us computer nerds have to talk about until that time comes? Lol

 

Very true...but there are a lot more variables than just the coach. Sure he plays a big role, but I rather expect to not get them and then see them in a UK uni next year, rather than jump to conclusions that they're automatically coming only to be disappointed like us Cats fans have been so often the past few years.

Very true...but there are a lot more variables than just the coach. Sure he plays a big role, but I rather expect to not get them and then see them in a UK uni next year, rather than jump to conclusions that they're automatically coming only to be disappointed like us Cats fans have been so often the past few years.

 

Hard to disagree with that. I am in no way saying that they will for sure be here next season, but man, wouldn't it just put a LARGE smile on your face? :D

I say let's give it some time. I don't like jumping to conclusions like this just because we get a new coach...we did the same thing when we got BCG and we all saw how that worked out.......

 

Calipari is a little more proven than Billy G.

Orton is your back to the basket, hard nosed, gritty, beast on the inside type of guy. Should compliment PP very very well.

 

 

Cousins on the otherhand is one of those post players who come along once every now and then. Great size and great athleticsm. Everytime I see him I can't help but to think of like a bigger Garnett, or somewhere along those lines. Cousins can take it to the rack, but also has a tremendous ammount of stroke game. I mean an absolute freak.

 

 

 

For sake of the program, give me Orton because he will stay for a few more years and Patterson would take pressure off him until he is ready to do it on his own. He wil have to develop and is coming off a serious injury.

 

For one year, Cousins would be one of the best players to ever don a Kentucky jersey. Would make freshman mistakes, but would just be absolutely raw. He surrounded with the right cast (Patterson, Meeks, Wall for instance) could do some major damage.

 

 

 

So with that said its kind of a tossup with poitives and negatives in both directions. Ideal scenario would be having them both, that way Orton could save minutes this year to rehab the knee and further develop his game.

Personally I'd rather have a guy who's going to be around for more than one year. With that being said, I'm sure the Cats will get their share of one and done type recruits.

If Cousins opens up the recruiting process maybe Coach Grant from Bama will get his foot in Mobile.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.