3. Ryle

4. Dixie Heights

5. Simon Kenton

6. Covington Catholic

7. Newport Central Catholic

8. Beechwood

9. Conner

10. Campbell County

Again, this is a PRESEASON NKY top-ten rankings list... this does not necessarily reflect how I think these teams will finish the 2009 season.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Ryle have a ton of talent returning? I know that you are big supporter of theirs, so I'll take your word for it. I just think that you may be Lou Holtz-ing it a bit.

A ton of talent returning on offense, yes. Not a lot of returning talent on defense. That is not to say there isn't some quality players who will be moving up from JV (there definitely is), but they are really only 2-3 returning varsity staters on defense - of which there are no returnees at LB and only one DB.

1. Highlands

2. Boone County

3. Ryle

4. Dixie Heights

5. Simon Kenton

6. Covington Catholic

7. Newport Central Catholic

8. Beechwood

9. Conner

10. Campbell County

Again, this is a PRESEASON NKY top-ten rankings list... this does not necessarily reflect how I think these teams will finish the 2009 season.

Not sure what Conner will have on defense - as it was certainly a problem area at times last year - but their offense will be very strong and most defenses in NKY will struggle to stop them. Nick West will be the dominant QB in NKY.

Not sure what Conner will have on defense - as it was certainly a problem area at times last year - but their offense will be very strong and most defenses in NKY will struggle to stop them. Nick West will be the dominant QB in NKY.

What will Ryle's offense look like next year with Bryson Warner taking over playcalling? Boone County/Woody Hayes?

Sorry, I'll say that Dixie will be at 10. Not sure, but didn't they lose a bit from last year?

They lost 3 starters, Brock (RB/SE) on offense, and Vreeland (DB) and #35 (DE - can't recall his name) on defense. They had a lot of sophomores that saw playing time last year. They drastically improved from week 1 to week 10 last year, because of the youth maturing. There's no reason this team doesn't pick back up where they left off last year.

IMO, they were even with Conner last year. The only reason they pulled away is because West went out. If you think Conner is 3, then Dixie would be 3b IMO. Both teams lose a playmaker on offense, but otherwise return everybody. However, not sure if either is really a 3. :idunno:

The 6A is a two team race between Conner and SK and Campbell and Ryle playing for third and fourth. Boone will be the odd team out.

I don't know too much about Boone, but I do know that I can't remember the last time they didn't make the playoffs. I wouldn't bet against BC.