2009 NKY Football - Early Thoughts

jbwill2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishful thinking. There is no way you rank them preseason ahead of Conner. Dixie I could see, Campbell you could make a case for as well, but no way ahead of Conner.JMO

In a scrimmage last year the game was very tight I know it is a scrimmsge but HC has a ton returning.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

In a scrimmage last year the game was very tigh i know it is a scrimmsge but HC has a ton returning

You said the keyword... Scrimmage. Conner had a great year last year and return the best quarterback in NKy. This being a preseason poll you can't put HC ahead of Conner. Anything could happen once the season gets under way but for a preseason poll Conner gets the nod over the tribe undoubtedly.

Wishful thinking. There is no way you rank them preseason ahead of Conner. Dixie I could see, Campbell you could make a case for as well, but no way ahead of Conner.JMO

Dixie beat Conner last year and has as much if not more returning.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

How does Dayton look? And whos's the starting QB. The Kid last year was a sr. Right?

Dayton returns alot of players from a young team last year the starting quarter back is up for a toss still it could be sophmore Thomas Rogg or junior Patrick Schweirjohann (sp???) but I expect them to do fairly well and go far due to the fact of an easier schedule.:dancingpa

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

• 3 weeks later...

Dayton was extremely young last year and will be returning a lot of starters from a year ago. Its up the returning seniors as to how good they will be and how hard they have been working this off season.

1. Highlands

2. Beechwood

3. CovCath

4. NewCath

5. Simon Kenton

6. Boone County

7. Bellevue

8. Campbell County

9. Newport

10. Walton

The last 3 are just kind of thrown in there to get to 10 teams. Campbell is just to big of a school not to be good. Newport has the quickness to be an unvelievable D and I love was coach McMillen is doing in Walton. They were decent last year and will only be stronger this year. I look for them to truly shock some people in Disctrct play in 1A.

I'm sorry but I can't even begin to remember when the last time Newport beat Lloyd??? Now Walton?? Come on guys we want legitimate contestants. And Bellevue, what is this world coming to? Now I know Lloyd isn't the best but what about Conner, Holmes or Holy cross. :idunno:

After seeing Newport first hand last year and knowing what they have coming back they should be in the top ten. Their O is going to be really good and Rice is a heck of a coach.

I like Nick as much as anybody, but nobody knows what kind of coach he is on Friday b/c he hasn't done it before. I believe that he will be very successful and get the most that anyone could out of the talent he will be given year to year. It's just too early to say that for certain.

#1 Highlands

#2-5 in any order ( Boone county,Conner, Ryle and Simon Kenton)

#6 New Cath

#7 Campbell County

#8 Dixie

#9 Beechwood

#10 Cov.Cath

Just curious to see why you put Campbell over Dixie? :idunno:

I like both teams but Dixie is always a slow starter early in season,I have never understood that but as the season goes they get better.With Campbell County they always have a lot of size and the numbers as in players and great pee wee program also!

I like both and consider both very close.