2009 NKY Football - Early Thoughts

jbwill2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will NKY look AT THE START OF THE 2009 SEASON? Let's see some top-ten preseason rankings lists from BGP'ers!

Haven't we established these type of theads tend to work better when the starter gives a top 10 list as a kickoff?

How about your top 10?

1. Highlands

2. Beechwood

3. CovCath

4. NewCath

5. Simon Kenton

6. Boone County

7. Bellevue

8. Campbell County

9. Newport

10. Walton

The last 3 are just kind of thrown in there to get to 10 teams. Campbell is just to big of a school not to be good. Newport has the quickness to be an unvelievable D and I love was coach McMillen is doing in Walton. They were decent last year and will only be stronger this year. I look for them to truly shock some people in Disctrct play in 1A.

1. Highlands

2. Beechwood

3. CovCath

4. NewCath

5. Simon Kenton

6. Boone County

7. Bellevue

8. Campbell County

9. Newport

10. Walton

The last 3 are just kind of thrown in there to get to 10 teams. Campbell is just to big of a school not to be good. Newport has the quickness to be an unvelievable D and I love was coach McMillen is doing in Walton. They were decent last year and will only be stronger this year. I look for them to truly shock some people in Disctrct play in 1A.

No Conner and no Ryle??? :confused:

No Conner and no Ryle??? :confused:

I knew I was forgetting some people! My bad!!! Geez lol now I feel like an idiot... Both will be good I just forget a couple through the months sorry to any Raider and Cougar fans offended... I was wondering why I couldn't get closer to 10 teams I knew I was missing key names.

NEW TOP 10

1.Highlands

2.Beechwood

3.CovCath

4.NewCath

5.Simon Kenton

6.Boone County

7.Ryle

8.Conner

9.Bellevue

10.Campbell County

It's alot easier when you remember teams! :clap:

NEW TOP 10

1.Highlands

2.Beechwood

3.CovCath

4.NewCath

5.Simon Kenton

6.Boone County

7.Ryle

8.Conner

9.Bellevue

10.Campbell County

It's alot easier when you remember teams! :clap:

Our first list. I'll give it a go.

1. Highlands

2. Simon Kenton

3. Conner

4. Ryle

5. Boone

6. Beechwood

7. NewCath

8. Campbell County

9. CovCath

10. Holmes/Holy Cross/Newport

Hey Coop, what do you think about Ryle's offense with the loss of the OC? Will it be a factor (or even make much difference) this season? Curious on your thoughts.

I don't think it'll make a ton of difference either way. They have a lot of talent returning on that side of the ball, so whether they are a pass-first, run-first, or balanced team, I think they will be successful. My guess is that with last year's OC gone and Coach Warner now calling the plays, they will return to a bit more of a run-first mentality, but that's just a guess.

It's the defensive side of the team that will be the question mark, with very few returnees and once again appearing to lack some size on DL. There were a couple of defensive players missing at the Spring football scrimmage, and granted it was only Spring, but there was some questionable tackling. Trying to tackle someone around the shoulders usually doesn't work very well . . . .

Our first list. I'll give it a go.

1. Highlands

2. Simon Kenton

3. Conner

4. Ryle

5. Boone

6. Beechwood

7. NewCath

8. Campbell County

9. CovCath

10. Holmes/Holy Cross/Newport

This list looks reasonable, but (unfortunatley) I just don't think you can rate Ryle above Boone. Boone seems to have Ryle's number and until Ryle proves something on the field against them, Boone probably deserves to be ranked ahead Ryle.

6A is going to be a dogfight this year. SK, Conner, Boone, Ryle, and Campbell are all quality teams and any one of them is capable of beating - or losing - to any other 6A team.

This list looks reasonable, but (unfortunatley) I just don't think you can rate Ryle above Boone. Boone seems to have Ryle's number and until Ryle proves something on the field against them, Boone probably deserves to be ranked ahead Ryle.

6A is going to be a dogfight this year. SK, Conner, Boone, Ryle, and Campbell are all quality teams and any one of them is capable of beating - or losing - to any other 6A team.

Doesn't Ryle have a ton of talent returning? I know that you are big supporter of theirs, so I'll take your word for it. I just think that you may be Lou Holtz-ing it a bit.