2009 NKY Football - Early Thoughts

jbwill2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not last year but that was with a sophmore QB but now since he will be a junior they might trust him with a little more in the passing game.

That is good to hear. I really would personally like to see more in the way of a balanced attack from the NKY 6A squads when they are down in Louisville. I honestly think that if there was more balance on offense for a number of NKY 6A squads during the last 10-15 years that they would have had much better showings against T and X. I think Ryle in 2006 would have made the title game really good if they'd had more balance. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

That is good to hear. I really would personally like to see more in the way of a balanced attack from the NKY 6A squads when they are down in Louisville. I honestly think that if there was more balance on offense for a number of NKY 6A squads during the last 10-15 years that they would have had much better showings against T and X. I think Ryle in 2006 would have made the title game really good if they'd had more balance. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

I'd look for them to rival their 06 team this year or next because their running back started varsity as a frosh and has the is already a great player. Him and their youn QB rach have a chance to become beasts.

Anyone putting CovCath at number 3 is a seriously optimistic person lol. I see another rough season in their future. But I like what the coach is doing.

It's safe to say Highlands will be number 1 and after that, I'm just not too sure.

Not last year but that was with a sophmore QB but now since he will be a junior they might trust him with a little more in the passing game.

The passed the ball just over 50% of their plays (stat given out by Coach Warner at team banquet) and had more passing yards than the majority of other teams in NKY. Not sure why you think they didn't have much of a passing attack last year.

The 6A is a two team race between Conner and SK and Campbell and Ryle playing for third and fourth. Boone will be the odd team out.

Boone will be the odd team out with their starting QB returning and one of the better RB's in the state? Interesting. What exactly does Campbell have returning that makes you think they are such a lock? 6A is FAR more than a two-team race for first place. This division is about as balanced as you could find and any of the 5 could end up in first.

What will Ryle's offense look like next year with Bryson Warner taking over playcalling? Boone County/Woody Hayes?

That'll be interesting to see. Obviously he comes from a Boone County run-first mentality, but he seemed genuinely pleased with the 50/50 balanced attack last season. I would be surprised to see him fall back into a completely run-oriented team, as they simply have too much returning talent in the passing game to not utilize it.

I find it odd that when people talk about Ryle's running game, there is little mention of Keifer Eubanks. The kid can flat out fly and is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. He will have just as much impact in the running game as Elliott, perhaps more so, as apparently there is some talk about Elliott playing quite a bit at LB.

I knew I was forgetting some people! My bad!!! Geez lol now I feel like an idiot... Both will be good I just forget a couple through the months sorry to any Raider and Cougar fans offended... I was wondering why I couldn't get closer to 10 teams I knew I was missing key names.

NEW TOP 10

1.Highlands

2.Beechwood

3.CovCath

4.NewCath

5.Simon Kenton

6.Boone County

7.Ryle

8.Conner

9.Bellevue

10.Campbell County

It's alot easier when you remember teams! :clap:

Why Bellevue? I can think of several other teams you did not name that would beat them by 30. Heck Campbell would destroy Bellevue if they played... I'm just not sure where you're coming from with that. Do you know something nobody else does? I would love to know.

1. Highlands

2. Beechwood

3. CovCath

4. NewCath

5. Simon Kenton

6. Boone County

7. Bellevue

8. Campbell County

9. Newport

10. Walton

The last 3 are just kind of thrown in there to get to 10 teams. Campbell is just to big of a school not to be good. Newport has the quickness to be an unvelievable D and I love was coach McMillen is doing in Walton. They were decent last year and will only be stronger this year. I look for them to truly shock some people in Disctrct play in 1A.

No Holy Cross either? Holy Cross will be better than the last four teams on this list.

I'd rank them ahead of schools like Dixie, Campbell, Newport, Conner, Bellevue, and Walton. But that's JMO.

Wishful thinking. There is no way you rank them preseason ahead of Conner. Dixie I could see, Campbell you could make a case for as well, but no way ahead of Conner.JMO