Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I just have the feeling

Featured Replies

That some of you are setting youself up for a huge, huge let down. I believe that Calipari is using Kentucky as big bargaining chip, and that ultimately he'll stay at Memphis.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like everyone universially is thinking he's gone. Usually I'm with you, but everything seems to be pointing to him leaving.

It would be a huge letdown at this point. Too much pointing to him coming.

Only time will tell; however, I think he has a lot of interest in the job & that he's sincerely considering the offer.

 

I watched the interview with Calipari when his team returned from the NCAA. The question was direct & to the point. Calipari's answer was not.

I don't think we're setting ourselves up. I think if he does in fact go back to Memphis, then Marc Maggard, The Memphis Commercial Appeal, Andy Katz, Tipton from the Herald Leader, and many other guys on ESPN set us up for a huge let down. This has gotten much further than just "anonymous sources" and tracking planes. If he doesn't come here, I will be disapointed, but only because so many mainstream media guys are saying it will happen.

I have a feeling that Calipari would delight in the chance to upstage Pitino in this state, however, I'm with LRCW on this one. I think it's a pipedream.

  • Author
I don't think we're setting ourselves up. I think if he does in fact go back to Memphis, then Marc Maggard, The Memphis Commercial Appeal, Andy Katz, Tipton from the Herald Leader, and many other guys on ESPN set us up for a huge let down. This has gotten much further than just "anonymous sources" and tracking planes. If he doesn't come here, I will be disapointed, but only because so many mainstream media guys are saying it will happen.

 

 

 

There's no doubt to the fact that most people seem to think he's coming. I just don't feel optimistic about it from some strange reason. Can you imagine what a blow it will be to the fan base if he stays in Memphis though. It will be far worse that last time when everyone thought Donovan was coming.

That some of you are setting youself up for a huge, huge let down. I believe that Calipari is using Kentucky as big bargaining chip, and that ultimately he'll stay at Memphis.

 

My opinion, too. Hope I am wrong.

There's no doubt to the fact that most people seem to think he's coming. I just don't feel optimistic about it from some strange reason. Can you imagine what a blow it will be to the fan base if he stays in Memphis though. It will be far worse that last time when everyone thought Donovan was coming.

 

I agree. But only because Calipari seems to be THE reason that 3 of the top 10 players in next year's class are committed to (or leaning towards) Memphis.

Whatever LRCW says I believe. His sources are impecable.:popcorn: I think your wrong on this one. Too much smoke for no fire.

There's no doubt to the fact that most people seem to think he's coming. I just don't feel optimistic about it from some strange reason. Can you imagine what a blow it will be to the fan base if he stays in Memphis though. It will be far worse that last time when everyone thought Donovan was coming.

 

Coming from the guy who made so much fun of UK fans refusing to give up the Billy Donovan dream? :D

 

Now I know...you're the pessimistic UK fan. The others are the optimistic UK fans. It all makes sense now.

I have a feeling that Calipari would delight in the chance to upstage Pitino in this state, however, I'm with LRCW on this one. I think it's a pipedream.

 

Don't underestimate the possible draw there. :lol:

Kentucky and its alumni are desperate and I think they can get this done. However if they cant I think Travis Ford is next.

Calipari is an NCAA investigation waiting to happen at UK. I don't want to win that bad.

  • Author
Coming from the guy who made so much fun of UK fans refusing to give up the Billy Donovan dream? :D

 

Now I know...you're the pessimistic UK fan. The others are the optimistic UK fans. It all makes sense now.

 

 

Who was right about Donovan? :sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.