March 30, 200917 yr Well it is Lawrence North High School. Same one who has recently produced one and done NBA'ers like Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr. so why not?
March 30, 200917 yr Author As somebody who doesn't follow recruiting at all, whats the deal? I am admittedly uninformed. I had a similar thought as he did about UL having so many scholarships tied up on kids from one school. There are roughly 15 kids in that program who will play at a high D1 school. The talent at Lawrence North is unreal...
March 30, 200917 yr There are roughly 15 kids in that program who will play at a high D1 school. The talent at Lawrence North is unreal... Now let me take my turn at showing my ignorance, :lol: how in the world did they NOT win a championship?
March 30, 200917 yr Author Now let me take my turn at showing my ignorance, :lol: how in the world did they NOT win a championship? A bunch of young talent lost a tournament game. It happens. Doesn't do anything to diminish the level of talent...
March 30, 200917 yr A bunch of young talent lost a tournament game. It happens. Doesn't do anything to diminish the level of talent... Just their ability to work as a team....
March 30, 200917 yr A bunch of young talent lost a tournament game. It happens. Doesn't do anything to diminish the level of talent... Oh I wasn't saying that it does, I respect your evaluation of players. It just seems that much talent could overcome an off night, but upsets happen I guess.
March 30, 200917 yr Author Just their ability to work as a team.... They have worked as a team at a VERY high level. Just didn't win every game in the state tournament...
March 30, 200917 yr There are roughly 15 kids in that program who will play at a high D1 school. The talent at Lawrence North is unreal... :eek:Really?
March 30, 200917 yr :eek:Really? I think they sent 4 last year and there are 3 I think this year, at least three next year.
March 30, 200917 yr There are roughly 15 kids in that program who will play at a high D1 school. The talent at Lawrence North is unreal... How do they compare to Oak Hill Academy and the Maryland team outside D.C.? I watched them both play a few weeks back on ESPN and was impressed with the talent on the team that stretched into the bench. Hard to believe they were just High School kids.
March 30, 200917 yr Author How do they compare to Oak Hill Academy and the Maryland team outside D.C.? I watched them both play a few weeks back on ESPN and was impressed with the talent on the team that stretched into the bench. Hard to believe they were just High School kids. Every bit as good. Put it this way, one of the kids going to UL played mostly JV this year until he got his chance late in the year and when he finally got in he really played well...
March 30, 200917 yr Author How do you like UK's chances with Ferguson if Calapari comes on board? He hasn't really recruited Indiana so I'm not sure there. It's a very tight basketball community, so it would be interesting to see how that played out...
March 30, 200917 yr He hasn't really recruited Indiana so I'm not sure there. It's a very tight basketball community, so it would be interesting to see how that played out... Wouldn't the style of play be much more to his liking than Gillispie's was?
March 30, 200917 yr Author Wouldn't the style of play be much more to his liking than Gillispie's was? Somewhat. They key on Ferg was Tracy Webster and his connections to the Indy Elite AAU program more than anything. The school that hires Webster will be a big player in landing him...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.