Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scuttlebutt then some...

Featured Replies

Yep, I posted that Donovan was in town the other night. I waited as long as I could...then a writer I trust confirmed it. So I felt compelled to spread it over here. I even heard third hand from another person who has future interest in UK that BD was in town and had him pegged at the Griffin Gate and where his son would be going to school.

There are still some who think that BD may be in town now or still in town....

I have nothing of real substance on it...even got a believable text late last night.

I have not said Donovan to UK was a done deal, this time around it is different. Last time I had info from the negotiating parties, and the agreement was in principle. I have not heard any of that sort this time around.

All I have ever gotten was info from people in KY who have connections to BD that he was very receptive to a potential UK offer. Many still claim that is still the case.

Grant to Bama was definite fly in the ointment, but he is getting major jack too. Is that a deal breaker...maybe...maybe not.

This time it is a little different because UK still had a coach until yesterday, and the process is just now formally beginning.

I don't have a feel for what will happen regarding UK and BD...Im not confident, but I dont think it is out of the woods yet. Just last night Bret Bearup was sending him a text with only the last two lines of "My Old Kentucky Home" in it.

Some on here have said Travis Ford is the one. It may be Ford, but it will only be him if a bunch of people turn the job down. Why quickly hire a guy that would likely cost you your job? At least it puts it in dire straits if you do it quickly.

I'm not a Ford fan...

Calipari is interesting...is everyone at UK on board with him? I don't know.

Then you take a step down big name wise and start looking for one who can rebuild it so to speak.

I like Jeff Capel...was not real sold on him, but what he has done is impressive. Laid groundwork at VCU...doing well in Oklahoma.

We still have a ways to go and more rumors to sort through.

 

I have known about the BCG firing for a while and even suggested it a few weeks back. I was supportive of him until I got wind of some of the stuff he pulled. He has ISSUES.

How about yesterday...he was supposed to meet with UK administration in the morning but didn't show up on time and then they could not get a hold of him...nowhere to be found.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know where he was yesterday! He was running from Alan Cutler!!!!

I think it is possible he knew he was in over his head and was trying get da boot.

I know where he was yesterday! He was running from Alan Cutler!!!!

 

That was later...He was on vacation...He didn't get up until 9:30...:thumb::D

I don't think UK is getting Donovan.

 

I don't think they are getting Calipari either.

 

After that, I don't know. I'd like Jay Wright, but I don't think they could get him either. Oh well. Based on some things I've read, Billy G had to be fired. It's too bad.

Billy Gillispie has some real problems, IMO. He put on his A-game for the press conference today, but that wasn't the real Gillispie that those close to the program have seen. His press conference today was the Gillispie we saw in the beginning. That one that gave us hope and made us think he was the next great coach. We didn't always see what was going on behind the scenes. I said like a month or so ago that Gillispie had lost the team, IMO. Now, we're finding out that he really did lose the team. For the most part, the players hate Gillispie's guts and half of them (literally) would have left if he was back next season.

I wasn't for firing him, but if everything (or even half of it) regarding his treatment of the players is true, then good riddance.

 

Barnhart did seem to harp on the "student athlete experience" during the presser.

I have been told he was never In Lex(do not know that for certain, but based on what I was told he's not here at all in the last few days). If he was he's def not there now.

I would think IF he had been in town, he was long gone before the 4:30 meeting yesterday.

Inevitably no one on this board is talking to Mike Pratt, Mitch Barnhardt, or Lee Todd. So at best anything we here on bgp is from someone who knows someone who knows someone and so on. And because of that usually the information is going to be told slightly differently and not be exactly accurate.

Inevitably no one on this board is talking to Mike Pratt, Mitch Barnhardt, or Lee Todd. So at best anything we here on bgp is from someone who knows someone who knows someone and so on. And because of that usually the information is going to be told slightly differently and not be exactly accurate.

 

You're right for the most part, but I would venture to say that there are at least a few people on here that have REAL connections.

I know where he was yesterday! He was running from Alan Cutler!!!!

 

:lol:

You're right for the most part, but I would venture to say that there are at least a few people on here that have REAL connections.

 

I am not doubting the connections. I am simply saying I could see how information could get skewed easily.

From all accounts that I have explored, Donovan hasn't left Gainesville since he got back from the NIT.

From all accounts that I have explored, Donovan hasn't left Gainesville since he got back from the NIT.

 

I hear he may be exploring some kind of shake-up in Durham.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.