Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's new coach will be

Featured Replies

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give examples on why you dislike Travis. UMass/Olk. State are two very good schools to get his feet wet. Tubby coached at Georgia/Tulsa, Billy G, A & M. I asked this in another thread about Travis, am I missing something on him? UK grad/instate player?

Give examples on why you dislike Travis. UMass/Olk. State are two very good schools to get his feet wet. Tubby coached at Georgia/Tulsa, Billy G, A & M. I asked this in another thread about Travis, am I missing something on him? UK grad/instate player?

 

Very true. I don't think that Tubby or BCG (not given the same chance as Tubby) was really ready for UK and it's expectations. Thats what I am basing mo on. I personally not a Ford fan after meeting him. He is in state and played at UK and seems to do a nice job where ever he is. I just don't know if he is ready or not. I know a Donovan, Pitino or Calipari are.

I wish they could come out and say what their going to do.

 

I agree 100% the sooner the better this is way out of control. (Hopefully the wild speculation is more limited to this area and isn't all over the country) This is kind of dragging UK thru the mud anyway it goes. If BCG is staying this is not good for him and will he bolt when he gets another offer he wants. If he is gone all this just makes a bit of a mess. Not to mention what it may do to recruits???

Give examples on why you dislike Travis. UMass/Olk. State are two very good schools to get his feet wet. Tubby coached at Georgia/Tulsa, Billy G, A & M. I asked this in another thread about Travis, am I missing something on him? UK grad/instate player?

 

Aagain, take away that he is from KY, he played at UK, and you have someone that UK would not consider, at least at this time. This HAS to be a home run hire IF Gillispie does not come back, Ford is like a bunt.

Give examples on why you dislike Travis. UMass/Olk. State are two very good schools to get his feet wet. Tubby coached at Georgia/Tulsa, Billy G, A & M. I asked this in another thread about Travis, am I missing something on him? UK grad/instate player?

 

 

Another personality issue is my best guess.

If BCG is staying this is not good for him and will he bolt when he gets another offer he wants. If he is gone all this just makes a bit of a mess. Not to mention what it may do to recruits???

I don't know, Gillispie is the type of person that this may not effect him at all, or just very little. Billy G has been working on a long term plan for UK, not a short fix, he has some very good recruits coming in next year, then you add Pilgrim next year, and the 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes. Like him or not Billy G has 4 and 5 star recruits coming in.

 

I agree that if Billy G is gone it's a big mess, well at least as big as this waiting game we are playing now.

As a Florida fan I'd hate to see Donavon come to UK, but IMO it seems that he's on his way up to Lex. right now.

but IMO it seems that he's on his way up to Lex. right now.

?? What makes you believe this?

 

Two years ago some reasons he stayed in Florida was said to be his family (parents and or inlaws) was there, his wife and kids wanted to stay in Florida, he donated a huge amount of money to his kids school.

As a Florida fan I'd hate to see Donavon come to UK, but IMO it seems that he's on his way up to Lex. right now.

 

Not mine specifically, but most on here says he was there last night at the Raddy.:popcorn:

Really all jokes aside, when is a news conference projected with the decision. No souces please , if you don't know then don't reply.

Really all jokes aside, when is a news conference projected with the decision. No souces please , if you don't know then don't reply.

 

There is nothing scheduled according to the radio at 12:30.

On WKYT they just said that there will be a meeting with Billy G and Mitch this afternoon on where the program is heading.

Meeting with BCG, Mitch and Lee Todd scheduled for later this afternoon.

Does anyone want to take a guess who the "prominent KY high school coach", with player(S) UK is recruiting, who was wanting to talk strategy with Billy G and he supposedly walked away from the HS coach? (It was in the paper this morning). Half the state can't stand that coach anyway, not my opinion, just facts, so how come if Billy G gets hassled if he does the same thing that many in the state would do as well? Again, not my opinion, but this coach isn't looked at well in many eyes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.