Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What KY High School players should BCG look at/offer?

Featured Replies

After watching the state tournament this week, what players do you feel are worthy of getting harder looks from Coach Gillispie?

 

For me:

Vee Sanford, Elisha Justice, Ricardo Johnson and if he can keep growing, improving on his inside game, work on being more aggressive and hit the weight room I think Timmy Knipp from Elliott County should get more consideration.

 

What do you think? Mods, if this needs to be moved to the HS forum please do so.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ricardo Johnson is one he should go after.

I hear Pittman has some issues in the class room and the chances of him qualifying are slim.

I think he needs to take a hard look at these jrs:

 

Ricardo Johnson

Ge'lawn Guyn

Elijah Pittman

Chad Jackson

 

Sophs:

 

Timmy Knipp

Robby Stenzel

 

 

Freshmen:

 

Jaylen Beckham

Tamron Manning

Desmond Dorsey

Isaiah Ivey

 

There is more, but those above IMO are all going to be fairly high D-1 player. I would look closely at all of them.

Aaron Watts because UK needs shooters. I think he would be a good role player young and could be like a Chris Lofton by the time he is a Senior in college.

Edited by KYHOOP
added more.

Aaron Watts because UK needs shooters. I think he would be a good role player young and could be like a Chris Lofton by the time he is a Senior in college.

 

From a role player to a Chris Lofton??? Lofton was starting his freshman year and was one of the best on the team then. Lofton really was the man on his team from the beginning and never really just a role player early on. So I dont see that comparison.

  • Author
I hear Pittman has some issues in the class room and the chances of him qualifying are slim.

 

I've heard this, I have also heard he has developed an attitude over the past season since he has been in the spotlight. I hope that he can get these issues solved and put them behind him.

 

Another Point Guard I would consider is Holmes' Jamel Riley. He is a little under-sized, but has NBA three range, good ball handling skills and can get to the basket any time.

I've heard this, I have also heard he has developed an attitude over the past season since he has been in the spotlight. I hope that he can get these issues solved and put them behind him.

 

Another Point Guard I would consider is Holmes' Jamel Riley. He is a little under-sized, but has NBA three range, good ball handling skills and can get to the basket any time.

 

Riley is a nice high school player, but not a major D-1 college player.

Ricardo Johnson

Ge'lawn Guyn

Elijah Pittman

Robby Stenzel

Vee Sanford

 

These are 5 kids I think BCG should take a long hard look at.

As of right now I think Rico's game is best suited for the high mid major level. Plenty of room for improvement but that's where I see his game right now.

 

The kid I'd be all over is Manning. Really, really liked his game...

Justice showed me nothing at the state tournament. He was 9 for 28 in the Elliot Co. game. He is a solid high school PG for sure, not a big time D-1 PG for a team like Kentucky.

 

Pittman and Ricardo are the 2 I would go heavy at. Those 2 have so much upside and potential it's not even funny. Those would be the big 2 for me.

 

Sanford had an OK tournament, he has to ability to go off at anytime, then again he can go so cold it doesn't even look like he is there.

 

Chad Jackson would be on this list as well. He has a lot of potential on him, and a very nice game. I would love for Kentucky to trade out Euton and Jackson, that would be a HUGE pickup for them especially letting go of Euton.

I think with a lot of these juniors, they are great players and going to be fairly high D-1 guys, but I think its still up in the air if thats what UK needs to go after. I think they fall in the AJ Slaugher/Stephon Pettigrew category. Neither of them are big recruits, but both are having impressive college careers and would definitly help this UK team. I'd love to atleast see 1 or 2 more guys out of Kentucky's junior class go to UK on scholarship.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.