March 18, 200917 yr Love MSU. but got to support Preston Knowles. Pulling for the Cards.:thumb: You can probably still cheer for both and not have anything to worry about.
March 18, 200917 yr Went to the game last night and loved it, but with that being said, Morehead has to cut down on the unforced turnovers, and shoot the ball better, and hope for the Cards to get into foul trouble and have a cold shooting night. Also a liitle help from a priest, rabbai, witch doctor, snake handler, and who ever else you could think of!:laugh::laugh:
March 18, 200917 yr The margin will depend on when the doggies are called off. Just don't see this under 25-30 point margin unless MSU miraculously is red-hot from the field. I think the Cards will get a bunch of easy baskets.
March 18, 200917 yr The Cards are to deep to make foul trouble be of any relevance. The single concern I have when playing a less prominent team is the "special night" factor if someone just has a unbelievable game where everything they put up, bad shots and all, go in. Morehead isn't faster, or bigger, or more talented and Pitino's style dictates that the Cards won't be out hustled. I predict a solid win but the scoring margin will be entirely dependent on the Cards shooting.
March 18, 200917 yr Morehead gave UofL a decent game for twenty minutes last time. UofL led by 9 a the break. That's the good news. The bad news is that UofL started that game 3-20 from the field and still had a lead at the half. They came out after the half and jumped it up to 20 real quick. MSU seems to turn it over a lot, and struggles to score at teams. Not a good formula against the Cards. UofL did a good job limiting Faried last time, he had 11pts and 6 boards. Samuels had 18pts int he first meeting. Both teams are better than they were in November, but they are still miles apart. The only way MSU keeps it close is to shoot a REALLY high % and limit turnovers. As an UofL fan I don't like the fact that MSU got a game in on the court, that is somewhat of an advantage.
March 18, 200917 yr I say MSU makes it interesting and keeps it under 10 or 12 most of the game. Faried is a monster.
March 18, 200917 yr Faried is an intense player and very fun to watch, but he won't appear to be such a monster against UL as he is vs. OVC competition or Bama State. I'm not sure he will get into double digits in bounds because keeping him off the boards will be such an emphasis by Coach Ricky. I'd love to see a close game, just don't realistically see how it could happen with the way UL gets after it on defense.
March 19, 200917 yr I will ride a tricycle naked on Fountain Square in Cincinnati if Morehead knocks off the Cardinals!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.