Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When should we start worrying?

Featured Replies

Another rough outing for Harang today.

 

Harang: 3 1/3 innings, seven hits, six runs, three walks, two strikeouts

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this a little bit ago. He has had a couple of rough outings thus far, with a few good ones sprinkled in.

 

I saw him against the Lastro's in Sarasota & Harang pitched very well. They didn't have a radar gun though, so I don't know how hard he was throwing.

 

I feel good about the Reds' chances this year, but a lot of that hinges on Aaron Harang's performance. If Harang can bounce back, the Reds are tough. If not, maybe it opens the door for Micah Owings AND Homer Bailey?

When should you start worrying?

 

 

Uhhhh...How about last year when he finished 6-17 with an ERA of nearly 4.8?

Another rough outing for Harang today.

 

Harang: 3 1/3 innings, seven hits, six runs, three walks, two strikeouts

 

When he rolls through the first month of the season like this...

I kept hearing how Harang had lost 25 pounds in the offseason, but I didn't expect him to be nearly as thin as he looked last week...

The margain for error for the Reds is obviously small, so this worries me. I hope all is well as I am a big Harang fan.

When should you start worrying?

 

 

Uhhhh...How about last year when he finished 6-17 with an ERA of nearly 4.8?

 

I was thinking more along the line of 1991.

The margain for error for the Reds is obviously small, so this worries me. I hope all is well as I am a big Harang fan.

 

Exactly, for any hope of contending Harang must pitch in his '07 form.

When should you start worrying?

 

 

Uhhhh...How about last year when he finished 6-17 with an ERA of nearly 4.8?

 

He definitely had a rough year, but I don't think those numbers tell the whole story.

I have faith in Hoss Harang !! Dang this is some good kool-aid. :banana:

I never put too much in the off season. I think he is on the decline in his career but they have more worries IMO. He is not a #1 anymore but it's time for the young guys to setp up IMO. I think he will be OK if he can be around a 3 or so.

I never put too much in the off season. I think he is on the decline in his career but they have more worries IMO. He is not a #1 anymore but it's time for the young guys to setp up IMO. I think he will be OK if he can be around a 3 or so.

 

Except this isn't the offseason, it's preseason and starting to get very close to the real season. Harang really hasn't had a career "decline" so much as pretty much just falling off a cliff after Baker's relief performance last year. No way should that have had this type of lasting effect, but that did seem to be the marking point of the last time we saw a meaningful and consistent Harang.

Harang historically has never pitched all that well in ST.

Harang historically has never pitched all that well in ST.

 

I was looking for some stats on that, as I thought the same thing. This is the best I have felt about a Reds team in some time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.