Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When should we start worrying?

Featured Replies

I was looking for some stats on that, as I thought the same thing. This is the best I have felt about a Reds team in some time.

 

I agree I don't look for him to be as good as he once was but if he can get us at least 12 I will take it.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never put too much in the off season. I think he is on the decline in his career but they have more worries IMO. He is not a #1 anymore but it's time for the young guys to setp up IMO. I think he will be OK if he can be around a 3 or so.

 

He's not a #1 anymore?

 

Wasn't it exactly a year ago that Harang was getting some (read: a little) attention as a potential Cy Young Candidate?

He'll be fine. The AL Cy Young winner got roughed up the other day and said it was because he was simply working on locating a fastball and didn't throw offspeed pitches. ST is a time to work on things. I saw Harang pitch a week ago and he went 4 shutout innings.

Guys, it is still spring training. In Fact. This will be the longest spring training (I think) in baseball history due to the World Baseball Classic (WBC).

 

Plenty of time to right the ship.

He'll be fine. The AL Cy Young winner got roughed up the other day and said it was because he was simply working on locating a fastball and didn't throw offspeed pitches. ST is a time to work on things. I saw Harang pitch a week ago and he went 4 shutout innings.

 

The AL Cy Young winner didn't spend the majority of last season getting hammered. Spring training or not, it is reasonable to be concerned that Harang is still not the Harang of old and that it will be extremely difficult for the Reds to contend if he doesn't regain his old form.

He's not a #1 anymore?

 

Wasn't it exactly a year ago that Harang was getting some (read: a little) attention as a potential Cy Young Candidate?

 

Yep. Plus he's only 30 years old with only 5 full major league seasons under his belt. Shame that he's now considered "on the decline" and not the rock-solid anchor of the Reds' rotation.

The AL Cy Young winner didn't spend the majority of last season getting hammered. Spring training or not, it is reasonable to be concerned that Harang is still not the Harang of old and that it will be extremely difficult for the Reds to contend if he doesn't regain his old form.

No but the runner up got hammered for about 40% of the season last year. Every dog has its day sometimes. I'm not worried yet.

Yep. Plus he's only 30 years old with only 5 full major league seasons under his belt. Shame that he's now considered "on the decline" and not the rock-solid anchor of the Reds' rotation.

 

I think Stick is the only one that thinks that.

Hal McCoy says he is very concerned. Harang's velocity is down and his curve ball isn't breaking very well.

Hal McCoy says he is very concerned. Harang's velocity is down and his curve ball isn't breaking very well.

 

Don't believe everything you hear.

^ Make that 6 inning 2 walks 4 k's and no hits. Gomes hit his 4th homer of the spring. Looks to be a lock for a platoon spot with Dickerson.

The AL Cy Young winner didn't spend the majority of last season getting hammered. Spring training or not, it is reasonable to be concerned that Harang is still not the Harang of old and that it will be extremely difficult for the Reds to contend if he doesn't regain his old form.
Harang was pitching well until Dusty decided to get creative on a certain Sunday in May in San Diego. And he seemed to get it back together in September.

 

Still, a pitcher can lose it any time for just about any reason. With a veteran like Harang, I wouldn't get too worked up over spring training results.

You can only run a horse so long. The amazing thing to me is the Reds actually have pitching depth? That doesn't sound right typing it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.