Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pomeroy System Picks Next UK Coach

Featured Replies

I have been critical of Billy Clyde, but I don't think we need to make a change right now. I think Barnhardt and Todd give him one more year, which is fair. I expect if JM and PP are back along with the new additions, the Cats should be much better next year. Orton could allow Patterson to step out a little more and show more range which frankly, he needs to show for the NBA scouts and he hasn't been asked to do in his 2 seasons at UK. Another weapon could open more up for Meeks. But the big improvement they need to make is to go back to setting screens for Meeks. They were a better team when they did this, but after the Alabama game, it seemed that they almost stopped setting these.

 

I don't think we need to lose BCG right now. It would be bad timing IMHO. As bad as it may hurt, 1 year of missing the big dance is not the end of the world.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

For what it's worth, I started the thread for fun. I wasn't necessarily implying a change was in order. My main point was to show that statistically there are a limited number of coaches that did offense and defense better than UK.

Few loves Gonzaga, it would be hard to get him out of there. When you think about it, why would Few or Calipari leave the mid-major conferences they are currently in. They get big time recruits, play a few early season games, then proceed to win their last 20 and get a high seed. Who knows how they would do in a BCS conference. It is an ideal situation for them.

Few loves Gonzaga, it would be hard to get him out of there. When you think about it, why would Few or Calipari leave the mid-major conferences they are currently in. They get big time recruits, play a few early season games, then proceed to win their last 20 and get a high seed. Who knows how they would do in a BCS conference. It is an ideal situation for them.

 

EGO

 

Not saying these guys are necessarily egotistical (okay, Calipari is for sure), but that would be the reason.

And hasn't played in a Sweet 16 since 2005.

 

But won a National title, a perfect 16–0 regular season conference record in 2003, five SEC regular season championships (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005) and five SEC Tournament titles (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004), with six Sweet Sixteen finishes and four Elite Eight finishes (1998, 1999, 2003, 2005) in his nine seasons. He totaled 100 wins quicker than any other Wildcat coach except Hall of Famer Adolph Rupp, reaching the plateau in 130 games.

 

Smith led the Wildcats to an overall record of 263–83 record for a winning percentage of .760. In his 10 seasons with Kentucky, he averaged over 26 wins per season

 

Sounds Nice to me...:idunno:

:confused: What?

 

Your post was talking about OTS...That simple

Your post was talking about OTS...That simple

 

:laugh: My post had absolutely nothing to do with OTS. Why is everyone so paranoid and defensive with him?

But won a National title, a perfect 16–0 regular season conference record in 2003, five SEC regular season championships (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005) and five SEC Tournament titles (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004), with six Sweet Sixteen finishes and four Elite Eight finishes (1998, 1999, 2003, 2005) in his nine seasons. He totaled 100 wins quicker than any other Wildcat coach except Hall of Famer Adolph Rupp, reaching the plateau in 130 games.

 

Smith led the Wildcats to an overall record of 263–83 record for a winning percentage of .760. In his 10 seasons with Kentucky, he averaged over 26 wins per season

 

Sounds Nice to me...:idunno:

 

Okay, now I am talking about OTS. Look what he inherited and look how he left the program. Enough about that.

Rick Pitino - Louisville--- wouldn't come

 

John Calipari - Memphis----Probably wouldn't come due to he has it made in that conference

 

Mark Few - Gonzaga---IF BCG doesn't work out after next year then this would be my favorite to replace him, but I don't want him till after we see what BCG can do next year.

 

At this point I believe change is coming, otherwise I wouldnt post.

 

1 Pitino: The antichrist, I would rather have a coach on life support at this time.

 

2 Calipari: Im afraid he will remind us of Eddie Sutton in a hurry.

 

3 Few: Bingo! Winner! Brilliance! Genius! If you dont follow me, I really like this guy!:lol:

Okay, now I am talking about OTS. Look what he inherited and look how he left the program. Enough about that.

 

He left the program, With every stat that I pointed out...Enough about that....:sssh:

Jay Wright...I know he wasn't on that list but thats would I'd go with besides BCG.

Your post was talking about OTS...That simple

 

That's what I got from it considering the history of his posting on here. :lol:

 

Also, that "mess'"took over a team with less talent (far less) than he left at U.K. and OTS has his Minnesota team in" the tournament" this season. Should he lose by 40 in the 1st round he has taken them higher (and in a better conference for this season) than a certain coach has his team this season. :D.

I'm just saying.......:sssh::lol:

Jay Wright...I know he wasn't on that list but thats would I'd go with besides BCG.

 

:thumb::thumb: You beat me to it T.C.. I hope that BCG gets things going all this talk will end up being just that.

Should it come to it though I probably would go after Donovan again and Jay Wright.............and go after them with a wide open checkbook.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.