Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pomeroy System Picks Next UK Coach

Featured Replies

Okay, I was having a look at the Ken Pomeroy numbers and decided to apply that to the possible picking of a new coach at Kentucky. I only looked at the 2008-09 season, so if somebody wants to go in and whittle the numbers down by looking at other years, be my guest.

 

Considering that over the last two years people have complained about UK inability on both offense and defense, I looked at the Adjusted Offense Rank and Adjusted Defense Rank. I took the list of every team that finished ahead of Kentucky in offense, which was 91 teams. Of those 91, I picked out those that also finished ahead of Kentucky in defense. That narrowed the final number down to 12. Here they are, in alphabetical order...

 

Mike Anderson - Missouri

Jim Boylen - Utah

John Calipari - Memphis

Mark Few - Gonzaga

Tim Floyd - Southern California

Dino Guadio - Wake Forest

Tom Izzo - Michigan State

Sean Miller - Xavier

Matt Painter - Purdue

Rick Pitino - Louisville

Lorenzo Romar - Washington

Dave Rose - Brigham Young

 

 

It's certainly an interesting list. The question is, who do you want? Who's in your top three? What order? Who wouldn't come? Who would?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I was having a look at the Ken Pomeroy numbers and decided to apply that to the possible picking of a new coach at Kentucky. I only looked at the 2008-09 season, so if somebody wants to go in and whittle the numbers down by looking at other years, be my guest.

 

Considering that over the last two years people have complained about UK inability on both offense and defense, I looked at the Adjusted Offense Rank and Adjusted Defense Rank. I took the list of every team that finished ahead of Kentucky in offense, which was 91 teams. Of those 91, I picked out those that also finished ahead of Kentucky in defense. That narrowed the final number down to 12. Here they are, in alphabetical order...

 

Mike Anderson - Missouri

Jim Boylen - Utah

John Calipari - Memphis

Mark Few - Gonzaga

Tim Floyd - Southern California

Dino Guadio - Wake Forest

Tom Izzo - Michigan State

Sean Miller - Xavier

Matt Painter - Purdue

Rick Pitino - Louisville

Lorenzo Romar - Washington

Dave Rose - Brigham Young

 

 

It's certainly an interesting list. The question is, who do you want? Who's in your top three? What order? Who wouldn't come? Who would?

 

Those would be my top 2.

Okay, I was having a look at the Ken Pomeroy numbers and decided to apply that to the possible picking of a new coach at Kentucky. I only looked at the 2008-09 season, so if somebody wants to go in and whittle the numbers down by looking at other years, be my guest.

 

Considering that over the last two years people have complained about UK inability on both offense and defense, I looked at the Adjusted Offense Rank and Adjusted Defense Rank. I took the list of every team that finished ahead of Kentucky in offense, which was 91 teams. Of those 91, I picked out those that also finished ahead of Kentucky in defense. That narrowed the final number down to 12. Here they are, in alphabetical order...

 

Mike Anderson - Missouri

Jim Boylen - Utah

John Calipari - Memphis

Mark Few - Gonzaga

Tim Floyd - Southern California

Dino Guadio - Wake Forest

Tom Izzo - Michigan State

Sean Miller - Xavier

Matt Painter - Purdue

Rick Pitino - Louisville

Lorenzo Romar - Washington

Dave Rose - Brigham Young

 

 

It's certainly an interesting list. The question is, who do you want? Who's in your top three? What order? Who wouldn't come? Who would?

 

I would love 40 minutes of hell..

I would love 40 minutes of hell..

 

I think it would be more then 40 minutes of hell if we hired Mike Anderson. :puke:

I think it would be more then 40 minutes of hell if we hired Mike Anderson. :puke:

 

:laugh:

 

I was mainly saying, I would just like to see 40 minutes of basketball...:idunno:

Wonder who will be our next coach after Gillispie leaves and we give the next guy 2 years to clean up the mess?

Wonder who will be our next coach after Gillispie leaves and we give the next guy 2 years to clean up the mess?

 

Mess? That mess made It to the Ncaa Tourney 10 out of 10 years...

Gaudio? I think he should coach a little more at Wake before I take him.

Rick Pitino - Louisville--- wouldn't come

 

John Calipari - Memphis----Probably wouldn't come due to he has it made in that conference

 

Mark Few - Gonzaga---IF BCG doesn't work out after next year then this would be my favorite to replace him, but I don't want him till after we see what BCG can do next year.

Rick Pitino - Louisville--- wouldn't come

John Calipari - Memphis----Probably wouldn't come due to he has it made in that conference

 

Mark Few - Gonzaga---IF BCG doesn't work out after next year then this would be my favorite to replace him, but I don't want him till after we see what BCG can do next year.

 

Can we make him an offer he couldn't refuse?:cool:

Can we make him an offer he couldn't refuse?:cool:

 

Yea, just call up to Boston and ask them for pointers.:laugh::lol:

Mess? That mess made It to the Ncaa Tourney 10 out of 10 years...

 

And hasn't played in a Sweet 16 since 2005.

Mess? That mess made It to the Ncaa Tourney 10 out of 10 years...

 

:confused: What?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.